Sign in to follow this  
Guest ffi&dyl

medicals for young children

Guest ffi&dyl

Hi there, we have our medicals booked for the 3rd of January, can anyone help us, what will a medical examination consist of for my two youngest children who are 4 and 2?

Ffion & Dylan:confused:

Guest Trakki

Hiya, The police checks are simple for the children, we had a 6 year old, 5 year old, 18 month old and 4 month old wqhen we went. Your 2 will not need to do urine samples as they are under 5. The medicals consist of, weight, ears checked, chest listened to, hips checked, thats more or less it. They didn't even weigh my youngest two as I had their red books and had had them weighed recently. They will check immunisation history.

It was totally non-invasive and none of my 4 got upset (apart from when my 5 year old was unable to produce a wee sample!!!!!)

Hope that helps, we did explain to the older one befopre we went what was going to happen so they knew what to expect. I would explain to your 4 year old a bit so he is not scared.

HTH

Guest ffi&dyl
    Hiya, The police checks are simple for the children, we had a 6 year old, 5 year old, 18 month old and 4 month old wqhen we went. Your 2 will not need to do urine samples as they are under 5. The medicals consist of, weight, ears checked, chest listened to, hips checked, thats more or less it. They didn't even weigh my youngest two as I had their red books and had had them weighed recently. They will check immunisation history.

It was totally non-invasive and none of my 4 got upset (apart from when my 5 year old was unable to produce a wee sample!!!!!)

Hope that helps, we did explain to the older one befopre we went what was going to happen so they knew what to expect. I would explain to your 4 year old a bit so he is not scared.

HTH

I feel a lot better now, I was worried that they would need an urine sample from them.

Thanks.

Ffion

Guest dglamoore

Dawn was 4 when we had our medicals done and it was very basic and the doctor made it fun for her too :cute: eyes, ears, weight, height, quick tummy check and that was it - she then got to help check our urine sample and watch bloods get taken :o she thought that was great fun!! We forgot our red book so just advised her immunisations were all up to date.

Lisa:v_SPIN: