Guest In-from-the-cold

Howdy

Guest In-from-the-cold

Hi All.

I just registered as it looks like i am finally getting my move to oz and I have had a job offer in Adelaide.

I have been to oz twice but never been to Adelaide so hope to pick up some usefull info on here.

I am a BT engineer but HGV mechanic to trade, I have just recieved a job offer that will me to come over on a sponsor.

What I am looking for is some good info on suburbs to live when I get over there and rent prices etc.

But anyway, Hello everyone and look forward to speaking with you all.

Gordy

Hi Gordy

Well done on securing a job!!! lots of useful information on here and great advice so ask away. when are you coming over??

All the best

Kim

Will you be based in one place for the job you have? That will be a good starting point for looking at where to settle. Adelaide might look fairly small on a map but driving from one side of it to the other on a regular basis isn't much fun!

You're probably in a better position than most, knowing where you will be working. If you tell us the suburb, we can probably suggest places within a reasonable commuting distance.

Guest In-from-the-cold

Thanks guys.

I have been told to expect my visa by August, So soon after that I be jumping on the first flight out.

The area I will be working is 100 Port Wakefield Road, Cavan.

Prob the wife will get a job in the city so somewhere in between would be perfect.

Gordy

Guest Guest75

Hiya Gordy

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the job.

Think I've seen you post on big sister??

I reckon you'll be living north of the city,it's quite a hike from the south.:cute::cute:

Hiya Gordy

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the job.

Think I've seen you post on big sister??

I reckon you'll be living north of the city,it's quite a hike from the south.:cute::cute:

I gotta make sure my horse has had a good feed before i leave for the north from where i live....:).....:biglaugh:

HG