Guest guest8040

One thing I will miss if we move...

Guest guest8040

...seeing Take That play live lol! Saw them in Sunderland last night - amazing!

I don't think the Australian government allows people like you into the country!

Hey!...that's a concern as I'm going to see them next month...still seeing Status Quo (again) in December mught give me a little more street cred right?:)

Guest Becster19

Pork Pies. You cannot get a proper pork pie in Australia :-) Oh and Kettle Chips.

Guest helene73

Mayonnaise and thorntons chocolate, well decent chocolate in general we found Mayo and chocolate wasn't great when we went in October but I can just live without and may lose a few pounds aswell lol :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Guest5035

suzy quatro is back in adelaide..................again !!

stevo

Guest Becster19
    Mayonnaise and thorntons chocolate, well decent chocolate in general we found Mayo and chocolate wasn't great when we went in October but I can just live without and may lose a few pounds aswell lol :)

Tip re the mayo, you just have to make sure you look for ones labelled whole egg or egg mayo, otherwise you get that sweet stuff, half way between mayo and salad cream. Dont worry, there is proper mayo!!! :D

Guest helene73
    Tip re the mayo, you just have to make sure you look for ones labelled whole egg or egg mayo, otherwise you get that sweet stuff, half way between mayo and salad cream. Dont worry, there is proper mayo!!! :D

Thanks for that you have made me very happy with that info :) I have actually been trying to make it myself here in the uk lol just in case they only have the rank stuff!!

I also discovered sausages are crap but a friend told me to go to boutique butchers to get the best ones don't know how true this is! I am sure someone will have sausage advice lol :)

Guest helene73
    I miss Gypsies just turning up and putting there caravans wherever they like.:biglaugh:

See if you can download channel 4's 'big fat gypsy wedding' absolutely hilarious it's not just about the girls getting married looking like one of them loo roll dolly things defo worth watching has me in stitches :)

Guest Becster19
    Thanks for that you have made me very happy with that info :) I have actually been trying to make it myself here in the uk lol just in case they only have the rank stuff!!

I also discovered sausages are crap but a friend told me to go to boutique butchers to get the best ones don't know how true this is! I am sure someone will have sausage advice lol :)

Im ashamed to say I do also have sausage advice (are you starting to get the picture that food is important to me!). Central Market in the city all the way. There was a guy with a sausage stall in there who sold amazing sauages. Proper ones, not the ones that look like plastic. I hope that he is still there. There are also lots of proper butchers in the market who do them as well.

You can also get Green and Blacks chocolate in the David Jones Food Hall in Rundle Mall.:D

Guest teamV
    I miss Gypsies just turning up and putting there caravans wherever they like.:biglaugh:

Its that time of year in cumbria ,you just get used to it:nah:

Guest helene73
    Im ashamed to say I do also have sausage advice (are you starting to get the picture that food is important to me!). Central Market in the city all the way. There was a guy with a sausage stall in there who sold amazing sauages. Proper ones, not the ones that look like plastic. I hope that he is still there. There are also lots of proper butchers in the market who do them as well.

You can also get Green and Blacks chocolate in the David Jones Food Hall in Rundle Mall.:D

I am going to write this all down and put it in my little moving to oz pack :)

I have spent the last year learning to cook lol I only cooked twice a week then lived off m&s ready meals and take out, I figured that it would be food I would miss the most and make me feel home sick!! So I have now become a whizz in the kitchen so much so hubby dose not take me out to eat anymore to eat as he reckons my food is nicer!!! Really shot myself in the foot lol

suzy quatro is back in adelaide..................again !!

stevo

My old boss used to go out with her!

And you can buy Hellmans Mayonnaise in Coles here - tastes just the same as Hellmans in the UK!

We get our sausages from the butchers in southgate plaza in reynella.. he's an English Butcher & makes them to the same recipe as back home.. lincolnshire, cumberland etc...

Hellmanns mayonaise in Coles is imported from UK/EU so thats the best you'll get to back home.

Guest guest8040

Take That to sausages - I'm saying no more :)))

Guest SusieOR
    Take That to sausages - I'm saying no more :)))

Ha Ha... how did that happen!!!

Getting back on track... I too am going to see them in a few weeks in Dublin!!! They will be letting quite a few of us in to Oz... :biglaugh:

Guest The Standalofts

You can add us to the list of folks the Government might not let in - have tickets to see them in Glasgow - Glad it hear it was good!

Lesley

Guest SusieOR
    I will miss real blighty fish & chips, they just dont do em in oz like they do in england!!:)

Did you see the English guys in Wanted down under (& phil down under) who had set up the fish & chip shop in Oz??? They ship in the fish, the potato's the oil everything from the UK... only trouble is I think they live in Brisbane!!!

Guest helene73
    Did you see the English guys in Wanted down under (& phil down under) who had set up the fish & chip shop in Oz??? They ship in the fish, the potato's the oil everything from the UK... only trouble is I think they live in Brisbane!!!

I saw that they need to franchise that :)

Guest SusieOR
    I saw that they need to franchise that :)

I would buy in... LOL... imagine all those English people desperate for some decent fish & chips

Guest helene73
    I would buy in... LOL... imagine all those English people desperate for some decent fish & chips

And throw in a proper greasy kebab place ( none of the Ozzie wraps) and we would make a killing!!! Em maybe a plan forming here lol x

Guest SusieOR
    And throw in a proper greasy kebab place ( none of the Ozzie wraps) and we would make a killing!!! Em maybe a plan forming here lol x

I like it... I like it a lot... :D