anyjobs please

Guest evil_d

Guest evil_d

wow, i did signup in some angencies still no luck...i arrived in adelaide recently though

Have a look at this thread on page 2 Any IT jobs available might give you some more info.

There seems to be plenty of work, my partner has a new job as a Senior Engineer (IT) in 2 weeks of deciding it was time for a change, he only went for 1 interview, but had 3 other companies ringing him for interview in 3 days.

Guest evil_d

yes they did contact me, but could not get a interview with a company yet. well i tried other job sites as well, still no luck. it seems hard to find a small job even

Have any of the agencies contacted you? Have you been applying for any positions off Seek?

Guest BurgessFamily
Suer, i tried sending mail to bruce but found that the email address was not working

That email is correct, sounds daft but did you enter it correctly? ;)

yes they did contact me, but could not get a interview with a company yet. well i tried other job sites as well, still no luck. it seems hard to find a small job even

Once the agencies have made contact with you, you might hear from them straight away or you may not hear from them for weeks or months, or you may receive a random call in a year or so asking if you are still looking for work. In general agencies are only interested in you if they think you will be easy to place and they can make money out of you.

I recently applied for an Office Manager position. The job was advertised by 4 agencies, I applied to 2 of them with the same cover letter and resume. One agency rang me up straight away, asked to see me, tested me on IT skills and I went for an interview with the company today, the other agency just sent me a standard email saying I was not suitable in response to my cover letter and resume - and that was for the same job!!!

Guest evil_d

guess thats the truth.

so did i miss a trick or something ? cant we really get a job with agencies ?

Once the agencies have made contact with you, you might hear from them straight away or you may not hear from them for weeks or months, or you may receive a random call in a year or so asking if you are still looking for work. In general agencies are only interested in you if they think you will be easy to place and they can make money out of you.

I recently applied for an Office Manager position. The job was advertised by 4 agencies, I applied to 2 of them with the same cover letter and resume. One agency rang me up straight away, asked to see me, tested me on IT skills and I went for an interview with the company today, the other agency just sent me a standard email saying I was not suitable in response to my cover letter and resume - and that was for the same job!!!

guess thats the truth.

so did i miss a trick or something ? cant we really get a job with agencies ?

You can get a job through an agency as that is how my partner got his new job. My partner is very presentable, has a great resume (with my help as I teach resume writing!!!) and has skills that are in demand. So the agency know he is going to be an easy 'product' to sell and make some comission out of.

Hopefully you will hear from back from the agencies now they have made initial contact with you. If not, chase them up and ask for feedback.

Guest BurgessFamily

Keep applying for jobs, tailoring your CV for each one. If an agent is putting you forward they will only do it if they feel you have a reasonable chance of getting the job - and in some cases, survive the probation period. That way they get the commission which is their end game.

Currently there seems to be plenty of IT jobs about, I've noticed an increase in job ads weekly via email from seek (where there wasn't many for ages).

Guest evil_d

Yes..i will not give up:D..There are jobs in IT

Keep applying for jobs, tailoring your CV for each one. If an agent is putting you forward they will only do it if they feel you have a reasonable chance of getting the job - and in some cases, survive the probation period. That way they get the commission which is their end game.

Currently there seems to be plenty of IT jobs about, I've noticed an increase in job ads weekly via email from seek (where there wasn't many for ages).