sunnyside

Buying fish

Guest Guest75

Be aware that a lot is "defrosted for your convenince" you so will not be able to freeze any large purchases.We seen to have a decent fishmonger down here at Beach Road,Christies Beach. It's on the front of Coles on the right as drive towards the sea.

Not tried any good from there apart from the blocks made from fish left overs - to attract fish I want to catch.:cute:

Guest Squareman

Cappo's on Glen Osmond rd isn't bad either, although I bought some yabbies from there recently and they were rancid. Everything I bought (prawns and linefish) was ok....

Be aware that a lot is "defrosted for your convenince" you so will not be able to freeze any large purchases.

I've never understood that... how is it convenient to have to eat on day of purchase?

Guest Guest75
    I've never understood that... how is it convenient to have to eat on day of purchase?

It's even MORE convenient for their stock control,probably not a bad thing to protect the public by keeping it simple.:cute:

Guest Guest5035

theres a guy down south who frequents this site regularly, goes by a weird name and comes from the North of the UK. He occasionally goes out and catches nowt (as they say in his native tongue) and occasionally catches alot. I hear if the proceeds to a days petrol are given then you can more or less be guaranteed to get some fish to take home. I'm sure he'll be in touch.

stevo

Guest Guest75
    theres a guy down south who frequents this site regularly, goes by a weird name and comes from the North of the UK. He occasionally goes out and catches nowt (as they say in his native tongue) and occasionally catches alot. I hear if the proceeds to a days petrol are given then you can more or less be guaranteed to get some fish to take home. I'm sure he'll be in touch.

stevo

Monday was a "Nowt" day, 102 k's travelled.Thought we would get "summat" Great to be out on the water,even though it was a 5am start.

Guest Guest5035
    Monday was a "Nowt" day, 102 k's travelled.Thought we would get "summat" Great to be out on the water,even though it was a 5am start.

thats amazing...........i got up out of bed at 8am, walked approx 1km there and 1 km back to woolworths and bought 2 pieces of nice salmon.:biglaugh:

stevo

Guest ozarsenal

The Fish factory in Gepps Cross - I think is actually in Athol Park. There are two or three in that area.

Here are two I have bought from...

248 Grand Junction Rd Athol Park SA 5012

165 Francis Rd Wingfield SA 5013

There also is a fish shop in Aldinga if you are down south cnr of Old Coach and Port Roads and another in the Seaford Shopping Centre.

Samtass on Richmond rd is very good- big selection, all fresh, and nearly all local. Most of the fish in woolies and coles is imported from places like Vietnam.

There is also a great fish counter in the shopping centre in Burnside.

I can say that the northern bloke referred to on here does have some good days- he just needs to take a banana with him.

Guest Guest75
    Samtass on Richmond rd is very good- big selection, all fresh, and nearly all local. Most of the fish in woolies and coles is imported from places like Vietnam.

There is also a great fish counter in the shopping centre in Burnside.

I can say that the northern bloke referred to on here does have some good days- he just needs to take a banana with him.

Bananas indeed!!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

The fish were throwing themselves onto our hooks that day!!

That chomped nail has just cleared up!!

Guest Richie_T

Lol, i went into this thread thinking it was about fish KEEPING, not fish EATING!

Just sold my large tropical fish tank in preparation for my move. Is fishkeeping popular over there? Would be an amazing hobby when the wide varieties of marine fish available.

:)

Yup,Fishkeeping is BIG here.Dont worry on that,loads of people keep fish,and Aquarium shops are a plenty.