Sign in to follow this  
Guest Donna Smith

looking for job!!

Guest Donna Smith

Does any one know of any sewing/ clothing alterations/ bridal jobs in the northern area. I live in Gawler. I have applied for loads of different jobs , but heard nothing!! I have 26yrs experience in sewing, from clothing to leather car seats which i used to sew for Land Rover back in the UK. Getting so frustrated!!!:arghh:

Have you thought about advertising as a dressmaker? I was looking for one a few months ago, and it was a real struggle finding someone (found one now though!)

With all the Year 11 and Year 12 formals, a good dressmaker would be in great demand I'd have thought. Put something up in the Job and Business Ads section on here - you never know....

Incidentally, reading about your former jobs, have you seen ther film Made in Dagenham? It's all about the machinists who used to sew the car seats for Ford.

Guest Donna Smith

I thought about doing it, but you need the machines to do it. I don't like domestic machines, they do the job ,but i prefer industrial ones. You get a more professional finish.Plus i don't have any where to put them if i was to buy machines. No i haven't seen that film. My friend as mentioned that as well. I think i will have to watch it!!!