HEAPS GOOD !!!

Rant time !!!!

The fone number we have belonged to someone else who for whatever reason changed thier number no we get allsorts of bloody calls about one thing or another this is the call i recieved today

Hello is that Mr xxxxx ( in an asian accent )

no they dnt live here this is a number we have been given

Are you the house owner

yes i am and i am not interested in anything your selling

how do you know were selling anything

why else would you call

were doing assesments for solar and we would like to come round your house to do an assesment

no i said we cnt afford them any way dnt bother you may as well go to someones house who may well buy the panels

but we would like to come round your house to do a free assesment

if your going to give us free panels then feel free

they are not free she says

so your selling us something then.......

This to and frode for a while she asked me again can we come to your house i said no she then said why cnt we come round to your house.....erm because as i have been telling you from the beginning i am NOT interested as we cnt afford it

She then asked why cnt you afford it....to which i replied WTF has that got to do with you....she carried on and on.....at which point she said whats up can you not afford it cos your unemployed to which i replied yes...she then oh....i then thanked her for wasting my time...and she then hung up

So you wernt trying to sell me anything then were you, i really wish these XXXXXXX would take no for an answer....

I dnt rant very often but this really peed me off..how intrusive can you get...i didnt get the company name i wish i did there would have been a complaint going in

HG

We started getting spam calls literally the day we moved into our new place (with new phone number). not impressed. That reminds me to get our new number on the no-call list. https://www.donotcall.gov.au/index.cfm

on a similar note, where can I get hold of the no spam letterbox stickers?

It's not so much the phonecalls but bloody letters, everyday 2/3 letters, I keep puttin RTS on them and shoving them in the postbox, but quite frankly don't see why I should, we have been in the new place 8 mths now and it's pissin me off. Went to the post office n they said it's illeagal to bin someone elses mail and the postie has to post them to the address that is on the letter aarrgh...

With regards to the phonecalls, I just say sorry not interested bye and hang up, as i'm sure some do it just to wind you up.

Guest ozarsenal

on a similar note, where can I get hold of the no spam letterbox stickers?

In Bunnings near the letterboxes

The fone number we have belonged to someone else who for whatever reason changed thier number no we get allsorts of bloody calls about one thing or another this is the call i recieved today

Are you the house owner

why else would you call

were doing assesments for solar and we would like to come round your house to do an assesment

no i said we cnt afford them any way dnt bother you may as well go to someones house who may well buy the panels

This to and frode for a while she asked me again can we come to your house i said no she then said why cnt we come round to your house.....erm because as i have been telling you from the beginning i am NOT interested as we cnt afford it

She then asked why cnt you afford it....to which i replied WTF has that got to do with you....she carried on and on.....at which point she said whats up can you not afford it cos your unemployed to which i replied yes...she then oh....i then thanked her for wasting my time...and she then hung up

So you wernt trying to sell me anything then were you, i really wish these XXXXXXX would take no for an answer....

I dnt rant very often but this really peed me off..how intrusive can you get...i didnt get the company name i wish i did there would have been a complaint going in

HG

I reckon a similar call to me would have ended at 'are you the house owner?' :cute:

Jim

Are you the house owner

why else would you call

HG

When we get spam calsl in the Uk i just say sorry were emagrating ,they never have a comeback to that ,why not try at your end .:biglaugh:

Guest helene73

How to deal with the calls ;)

1 always say your property is rented they slam down the phone!

2 the you have a virus on your pc you dont own one!!

3 when they ask for you by name don't say speaking ask what it is in relation to then say you will put the person on, just leave line open and carry on with what your doing go back 15 mins later and they will be gone never to phone again!!

4 blow a whistle down the phone at then.

5 pretend it's a ring back for a sex line you (pretend) to work for talk really dirty to them and again they never phone again!

You can actually have lots of fun with them lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it happened to us too....my hubby got new number and as soon as its activated spam calls went thru...until we informed the fone company...and since then it stops.....they are pain in d ***

How to deal with the calls ;)

1 always say your property is rented they slam down the phone!

2 the you have a virus on your pc you dont own one!!

3 when they ask for you by name don't say speaking ask what it is in relation to then say you will put the person on, just leave line open and carry on with what your doing go back 15 mins later and they will be gone never to phone again!!

4 blow a whistle down the phone at then.

5 pretend it's a ring back for a sex line you (pretend) to work for talk really dirty to them and again they never phone again!

You can actually have lots of fun with them lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

problem wiht number 5 :Randy-git::shocked::biglaugh:

HG

Guest cornish Busdriver

I always answer the phone in Kernewek (cornish) and if that dont work i just place them on hold.

Guest Trakki

Think it would have really pissed me off to. I always tell them I rent and they don't phone again. Good ideas about how to deal with them but please don't blow a whistle down the phone, you could cause some permanent injury to their eardrums. As much as I can't stand them at the end of the day they are only doing their job to provide for their family.

Yes but to ask why they cannot come to your house and why you cannot afford it is a bit intrusive...next time i will invite them round and let them meet the Ridgeback X Rottweiler...

HG

We agree with you,

Nobody has the right to speak to anyone like this job or no job, there is a correct way,being polite costs nothing especially when they are calling you-If you want the service you would be calling them-they dont get it or care-

I thought getting calls about windows was bad enough,or those door to door salesman- Does this happen alot??

Anyway all the best and its always better to get these things off your chest