JimandBarbinAus

Favourite South Australian Wines???

Hi, having been on a wine tour in the barossa valley and being a bit of a wineo I'd thought I'd start a thread of fave SA wines!?????

Having visited a number of wineries I have to say our fave was wolf blass, merlots, my overall fave is australian yellow tail merlot, the shiraz is nice too, not that I'm biased to ozzy wines! Thoughts much appreciated...

There are so many to choose from. For McLaren Vale wineries currently my order of preference is:

Yangarra Shiraz and Mourvedre

Pirramimma Stocks Hill Shiraz

Samuel's Gorge Grenache and Shiraz

Fox Creek Shiraz

Ekhidna Linchpin Shiraz

Guest browny_oh

Sooo many to choose from, but hey lets try

Red

Mclaren Vale...Wirra Wirra Church Block

Barossa.... Bethany Cabernet Merlot (to absolutely die for!)

Sparkling White .....Bethany Cuvee Chardonnay Pinot Noir

Sparkling Red ..... Wolfblass Verae

White don't drink the stuff ;) but Browny recommends Peter Lehman Blonde

Guest tosher
    Some nice wines at K1 winery in McLaren Vale.

I'll agree with that one, also down the road from them at the Lazy Ballerina :D

Guest Becster19

I LOVE my wine. All kinds pretty much. At the moment I am really enjoying the rieslings from the Clare Valley, in particular from the Tim Adams winery. Last time I was in Adelaide I had a wonderful sparkling shiraz. It was very unusual but wonderful. I unfortunatly cannot remember where it was from.

Guest Becster19

Oh and the Willunga 100 shiraz. Beautiful.

Guest Anne29

Uleybury Sangiovese Rose - one of the best that I've had

We have yet to drink a bad bottle of red wine from anywhere in the Coonawarra region - even cleanskins from there are good.

I use http://www.getwinesdirect.com/ to buy a lot of stuff for everyday drinking - they often have "Buy One Case Get Another Free" deals - or in one memorable case a "Buy One Case Get Another Two Cases Free".... hic!

Didn't actually like Wolf Blass as a winery though - bit too clinical and cold (German?) for me! Not helped I guess by the fact that last time we visited, we took my father in law who had just been gutting a snapper and held out his fingers to the (very snooty) lady behind the desk at Wolf Blass and said "Smell my fingers, guess what I've been doing?!"

Wouldn't dare to go back now after that!!

Guest theforrests

Gemtree's Luna Roja Tempranillo and D'Arenberg's Feral Fox Pinot Noir are 2 of my current faves from McLaren Vale.

Guest Tterrier81

i only drink white wine and our fav is the scarpantoni unwooded chardonnay, reasonable price too, only $14 from the cellar door in mclaren vale

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here

Any of the following on special are value for money for the quality I reckon

Houghton White Classic

Coriole chenin blanc

Di Giorgio sparkling white

Bird in Hand Sparkling Pinot

Heartland Shiraz

Guest BrianS

two hands bella garden is lovely.

as is tomfoolery trouble and strife rose.

We have yet to drink a bad bottle of red wine from anywhere in the Coonawarra region - even cleanskins from there are good.

I use http://www.getwinesdirect.com/ to buy a lot of stuff for everyday drinking - they often have "Buy One Case Get Another Free" deals - or in one memorable case a "Buy One Case Get Another Two Cases Free".... hic!

Didn't actually like Wolf Blass as a winery though - bit too clinical and cold (German?) for me! Not helped I guess by the fact that last time we visited, we took my father in law who had just been gutting a snapper and held out his fingers to the (very snooty) lady behind the desk at Wolf Blass and said "Smell my fingers, guess what I've been doing?!"

Wouldn't dare to go back now after that!!

Thats hilarious!!!!!!:biglaugh:loil Your father in law must have some guts (excuse the pun!)