ajford

Flights !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hope somebody can let me know why flights to australia cost nearly double in July.

Its not even summer over there.

getting very frustrated trying to find reasonable priced flights.

Lisa:arghh:

Lol really??

Everytime I've booked flights in July they've been reasonable?!

Normally April to August are quite good prices to Oz due to it being winter. But things are always changing and airlines are always looking for more money!!

Lol really??

Everytime I've booked flights in July they've been reasonable?!

Normally April to August are quite good prices to Oz due to it being winter. But things are always changing and airlines are always looking for more money!!

Cheers ,

who do you normally fly with?

If it makes you feel any better, they are astronomical to fly to the UK from here in July too! Even the recent Malaysian Airline sale only started in August :sad:

Don't know if they're still any good, but when we originally flew out here, we found Lees Travel very competitive - even better than the airline websites at the time - if you're checking prices might be worth a quick phone call to them: http://www.leestravel.com/

Ive got the same problem with flights to south africa!! as soon as its the 1st of august tickets are half the price....its crazy!!

Guest moonraker1959

As other posters have said,it is because of school holidays here(uk)so if you can possibly avoid it,book flights in non holiday times.I've noticed myself that even say a month before the school holidays the prices can go up quite rapidly.I've just booked flights to Adelaide for early July(this year).I booked ours about 3 weeks ago and I thought they were quite reasonable.Try Skyscanner,it'll give you a year of flight prices and you'll be able to see the high and low prices.

Thanks for all your advice, Andrew got a good price for August from Flight centre with singapore airlines

lisa