Guest leemina

Hand luggage

Guest leemina

Can anyone confirm that we can take these on our flight and be ok?:

Hubby: Laptop bag (inc laptop) & rucksack

Me: Handbag & flight bag

Kids: Rucksacks each

I know we get 7kg each, and i'm know that my handbag wont count, so am gonna pack it good. Its the laptop bag and hubbys rucksack that im concerned about. Are we better keeping both under 7kg combined, anyone had any problems going with both??

Thanks

Guest monkey-74

When we flew we were aloud laptop plus 7kg

Guest rlj28

We took laptop and were allowed separate rucksack so should be ok.

p.s I notice you have had ANMC assessment, I am a nurse but on maternity leave at present, do you have job lined up?

Guest leemina

Havent got a job lined up yet, in process of getting registered by AHPRA, had email couple of weeks ago stating that should be registered in about 3 months time, so should just be right really. Been looking on job sites and if anything comes up that i fancy, i'll apply, otherwise will get settled over there have a holiday and then start looking. Other than training, and maternity leave i've worked since i was 16 so think i deserve a break for a couple of months. Congrats on your baby. x

That sounds fine. Just ensure they are within the size given by the airline also. They can be quite funny about that these days.

Also ensure, to be on the safe side, that your handbag can fit in your flight bag. I always tend to cram my handbag into my flight bag when going through security, changeovers and boarding etc so as to a) save on bags being carted and also quicker to walk up the aisle of the plane and all that.

Can I also recommend that you pack your handbag with the things you'll actually need on the flight itself, leaving stuff like changes of clothes or anything you'll want in transit in the main handluggage. That way you can keep your small handbag at your feet with all the stuff you need, and not keep having to access the overhead locker during the flight.

Guest leemina

Thanks for all your replies guys, some good advice there. Am currently sorting out what to take in hand luggage, suitcases and what to ship. Busy, busy.x