Sign in to follow this  
Guest graemepugh

457 visa.

Guest graemepugh

How long does this normally take to sort out? Will I need to undertake a medical? If so, where would the medical take place?

Got the job, accepted, just about to start the visa process.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Graeme (38) Jayne (40), Joshua (5 nearly 6) Emily Jayne (4 going on 14)

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Mine took 4 weeks for a family of 4 (including a teacher - i.e. working with kids).

No medicals - but you have to declare anything which might require treatment in Oz. No police checks, but you have to declare any military background or any convictions etc.

You'll need to prove you have health insurance to cover your entry into Oz, after that, health insurance will be a condition of your visa. Get some cheap holiday cover sorted initially, they need details of cover for the application.

457's are a doddle.

Hope that helps

Ryan

Guest Mitchell

My employer was already registered as a sponsor and my visa took 7 days. No medical, no police check but it's worth doing the police check just before you come for when you want to apply for PR later. Work sorted health insurance until I get PR.

Guest Squareman

Mine took 12 weeks and at the time, I had a little whinge on here and discovered that other people had waited similar time periods. Some are really quick, whilst others drag on. There is no real way of knowing when the visa is going to come through, so just try to relax and let the the process take its course. Hopefully, you will be one of the lucky ones and it will approved quickly