Sign in to follow this  
Guest teammorris

Tra

Guest teammorris

Hi all

just been looking into skills assessment etc, and could do with some advise! My apprentiship was served in the RAF as an Airframe technician (mechanical) which is what my certificates denote, however, since 2004 i've worked on the railway as a mechanical/electrical technician. Which skill do I choose to be assessed in? I can't find a specific railway based job on the list, and reading into it you have to have a technical phone interview with someone working in your trade?!

I also read you can do more than 1 assessment until you achieve a positive 1, but can't see any prices anywhere?

Any help/advice gratefully recieved

cheers

kieron

Guest Opportunities
    Hi all

just been looking into skills assessment etc, and could do with some advise! My apprentiship was served in the RAF as an Airframe technician (mechanical) which is what my certificates denote, however, since 2004 i've worked on the railway as a mechanical/electrical technician. Which skill do I choose to be assessed in? I can't find a specific railway based job on the list, and reading into it you have to have a technical phone interview with someone working in your trade?!

I also read you can do more than 1 assessment until you achieve a positive 1, but can't see any prices anywhere?

Any help/advice gratefully recieved

cheers

kieron

Hi ,

When applying to TRA for a positive skills assessment and you nominate an occupation which you think is suitable, TRA states that they will change that occupation if they have found that your work experience/training etc. is more suited under a different occupation. They will not penalise you in any way if you get the nominated occupation wrong.

I stand to be corrected, but if you have done your current job since 2004, that is the one that you will apply for to have your skills assessed. If you can't find a suitable occupation,contact them and enquire.

When we did my OH assessment for First Class Welder in December 2010, we paid TRA $300.00. However, my husband's South African Qualifications had to be assessed and matched to an AQF III which is similar in Oz and only after obtaining his AQF III in fabrication and engineering for welders through Australian Skills Assessment who has a branch in the UK, we could apply to TRA.

Not sure I was of any help...Good luck!

Karen