The beginning of a journey!!!

Guest justino

Guest justino

I have made the firm decision to move to Adelaide in 2012 - however although I regard myself as someone with a little intelligence, I have no idea where to start or what I need to take into account.

I currently work as a Business Development Manager within Education. I own a property with a mortgage and would probably rent this out to begin with.

Any advise tips or suggestions of where I should start, would be greatly appreciated.

Just:o

Guest Becster19

Welcome to PIA. I suppose the starting point is the visa. Do you know which visa you are going to be applying for? I'm not sure if you are aware but SA has closed applications until the 1st of July when there will be a change to the points system and possibly to the Skills Shortages list. I would advise you to keep an eye of the Immigration SA website for updates.

Guest justino

Hi Becster - no I wasnt aware of that, however I have time on my side in order to ensure I have everything in place - to be honest I have no idea what visa I need to be looking at either.

Just

Guest Becster19

OK. Well here is a good starting point. http://www.immi.gov.au/immigration/ Have a look here to start with and see what visa suits and then check here http://www.immigration.sa.gov.au/ to see whether your job is on the Immigration SA list. If it is, you will be able to get regional sponsorship which can make the processing times a lot quicker. The new SA lists will be published on or around the 1st July. Australian Immigration have just this week publish the new national Skilled Occupations List (SOL).

Hope this gives you a starting point. Best of luck :)

Guest helene73

Hi there and welcome :) another option for you is to phone a migration agent they offer free consultations and will explain your options to you and the visa process, this is the easy option if your not too familiar with the whole process.

I am using Go Matilda but there are plenty of other recommend agents mentioned on threads :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

Guest justino

Hi Helen - good thinking, do you have any other contact details, information relating to the organisation you have used.

Thank you

Just