Guest LOUISE HANNAH

sattelite tv ?

Guest LOUISE HANNAH

whats sattelite tv like in oz ? is it similar to the uk

what are the average monthly costs, also do you have similar programmes eg

premiership football & soaps:err:

Hi there, satellite tv here is called Foxtel. It costs us about $100 per month for the full package including movie channels and all the sport channels. You can get premier league football on a Saturday but only in the wee small hours of the morning! One of the channels is UKTV and they do show all the soaps on there but obviously it's a few months behind the UK. I have to say Australian tv is rubbish, and the satellite tv isn't much better! I'd happily send the damn thing back but husband and children would never forgive me if they had to live in a world without Fox Sports and Nick Jr!:biglaugh::biglaugh: I leave it to your imagination as to who watches which!

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi Louise,

We've seen a few giant satellite receivers around in peoples gardens, when I asked a friend about them he he told me you can pick up Sky Tv on them, I haven't found out for sure as I think it's a bit of a tall tale, but either some people are watching something non australian or they're directing air traffic as these things are huge....

Maybe someone knows for sure.

Guest BJF
    Hi there, satellite tv here is called Foxtel. I have to say Australian tv is rubbish, and the satellite tv isn't much better! I'd happily send the damn thing back but husband and children would never forgive me if they had to live in a world without Fox Sports and Nick Jr!:biglaugh::biglaugh: I leave it to your imagination as to who watches which!

I'm with you on this one Liz but like you the kids would never forgive me.

On the whole, Aussie TV is totally rubbish, they have a real nasty habit of interupting the adverts with snippets of programmes.

Guest Libby1971

TV is rubbish - this is one thing that the Aussies know absolutely nothing about (along with driving and how to make decent crisps).

There is a lot of reruns, lots of reruns from Uk and USA.

Aussie TV is an area for development shall we see?

Liz, I totally agree about throwing the TV away but Disney Channel, VH2 and Premiership Football have a tight hold on my family.

Libby

We have just installed FOXTEL. The hubby loves the sport & the IQ taping facility for the games played during the early hours (which tends to be all the time I'm sure) & the kids love Cartoon Network....Me I don't get much say, no different to when we had SKY in the UK.

I don't think its a cheap package & the basic is approx $35 p/m.

Angela

Guest graandjac

A few months ago (6) to save a bit of dosh for the big move we cancelled the whole sky package, the whole family moaned like mad for all of two weeks, then even owen(9) who is a tvocolic, said "you know what dad i dont miss sky" I for one am looking forward to having time without the bloody tv on , so if the tv is that bad with any luck it might stay off more often:goofy: sounds great Cheers Graham

Guest dglamoore

Must admit that foxtel is pretty dire - although now the sun is about and it is warmer we are hardly ever in to have the tv on:v_SPIN:

Saying that in winter when it is cold and everything pretty much closes early there is not much else to do but watch tv so it comes in handy then :o also doubles up as a heater when it has been on a while :biglaugh:

Lisa:v_SPIN: