Oh my god, we've lodged!!

Guest Viksta

My dad was the same at first. He was pleased for us and could understand why we wanted to go but was upset about us going and leaving him. My mum died 5 years ago and although I have two brothers he always comes to me if he wants something. But then when are visa was granted he actually asked my sister in law about flights and if he was to visit would they go with him cause it's a long way on His own. This made my day and made it more real. I will miss all my family loads but I know this is ten best thing for my children and I'm willing to make this move foe us all to have a better life.

Guest tilly

funnily enough we were over your way earlier! did you hear about the swithland 6 race today? hubby was running in it! had a friend that lived in barrow-upon-soar too, he moved out a while ago though! how strange there are so many people that are just up the road from us! we are in a little village called whetstone near narborough - dont know if you know it.

Guest tilly

i know what you mean. i found it a shock moving to whetstone at the start of this year because i grew up in croft, which is only about 10 minutes down the road from here but it felt like a million miles away at first!!! i've looked at it as a practice run for the big move! even though its only up the road i've had to leave behind all the mums at the old school and move the kids to different teachers when my eldest was in a class with my favourite teacher from when i went to that school! we'll have to sort out meeting up at some point as you are relatively near by

Guest dean berridge

Hi All, I am just awaiting for the TRA certificate to come from Oz to lodge my 176 family visa fingers crossed it will come through before July as I will have to wait and sit the ielts. Has anyone got any personal experience of how long the visa approval takes from being lodged as my agent is stating 12-18 months? Many Thanks Dean

Guest dean berridge
Hi buddy, what occupation are you in? Im about to put my tra together, any advice on what to include?

Bricklaying went through the Victoria University filled in the application (supplied by Agent) sent all my qualifications and cv off with passport photos. Got reply to go for a interview had it last week and really relaxed and just discussed how I undertook different tasks he asked about. Very friendly, the other way was through vetass but this is a practical test. Glad I went through the other way. Have you got your date?

Guest tilly

we were told 18 months by our agent. we only lodged on the 6th for 176 family sponsored. hubby went through vetassess for his and found it was really easy. he was really panicking before hand but ended up really enjoying it all on the day. will post something as soon as we hear about ours. hopefully it wont be too long! from what ive gathered a lot of the time is taken in the medicals and police checks but having not done that part myself i dont know yet

Guest Shaun O

Hi both, Im a painter and decorator by trade and the assessing authority for that is the TRA I believe, awaiting my certificate and then should be sending application next week. Not using an agent so just wondering what to include. My NVQ CERTIFICATES, PASSPORT, CV, COPY OF CSCS GOLD CARD......... ANYTHING ELSE?

Guest tilly

not sure but i think you are supposed to send a passport sized picture of yourself that has been certified by a solicitor - at least thats what my hubby had to do for vetassess. he didnt send passport. then there was an application form, cv, all his nvq and other certificates from work for various courses, reference from where he works on headed paper...again though this was for vetassess not sure if it'd be the same for tra

Guest dean berridge
Hi both, Im a painter and decorator by trade and the assessing authority for that is the TRA I believe, awaiting my certificate and then should be sending application next week. Not using an agent so just wondering what to include. My NVQ CERTIFICATES, PASSPORT, CV, COPY OF CSCS GOLD CARD......... ANYTHING ELSE?

You will need references from employers in relation to length of time doing the job. If you have been doing your profession for over 5 years continuous your laughing. ;) Have you booked into ielts because sorry to be the bearer of bad news if you haven't done your TRA yet you will have to go into the new point system (from July)which you require at least 7.5 on them. You are only given 6.5 for having a english passport:sad: Don't worry though I have tried three oxford test books (from local library) and was scoring 8.5 quite easily in the reading and listening test 2 out of the 4, once you get the jest of it its not too daunting.

Guest dean berridge

Hi Tilly, hoping to get my sent by mid next week just awaiting that damn certificate, so I think we will be in the same boat. lol

Guest Shaun O
You will need references from employers in relation to length of time doing the job. If you have been doing your profession for over 5 years continuous your laughing. ;) Have you booked into ielts because sorry to be the bearer of bad news if you haven't done your TRA yet you will have to go into the new point system (from July)which you require at least 7.5 on them. You are only given 6.5 for having a english passport:sad: Don't worry though I have tried three oxford test books (from local library) and was scoring 8.5 quite easily in the reading and listening test 2 out of the 4, once you get the jest of it its not too daunting.

Do you definitely need to take the IELTS test? If so I will book myself on the next one which is on July 30th.

Guest dean berridge
Do you definitely need to take the IELTS test? If so I will book myself on the next one which is on July 30th.

I have been told by my agent that if we don't get in before the change then I will definitely need to. But I would just ring an agent for advise first. As you will defo come under the new points system.:sad: