Sign in to follow this  
Guest Maria Day

Guest Maria Day

Hello Everyone!!!

I am newly registered, been lurking all day. This site is kinda addictive.:) We've been granted 176 Visa and we have decided to go. I am HCA and hubby is an Electrician. he is on the process of getting his temp Class A license through Downunder Tradies by doing GAP Training course on OZ reg and health and safety. Booked one way flight already and arrange migration insurance too. I have booked 3 shipping companies to come around and estimate our furniture and belongings. We are also looking at shipping our transit van and my car over as I discovered that vehicles are very expensive over there. we are going on 11th January 2012 on a one way flight!!( keep thinking we must be mad!):unsure: I have so many questions and getting a bit panicky knowing that we only have few months to sort everything out!:arghh:

We don't have family or friends in Adelaide and hoping we will meet new friends when we get there.We have 2 lovely children ages 7 and 10 years old. I am worried what life would be like for us when we get there and hoping it will be kind to us. Anyway, enough of my chatter!:). Hopefully we will find new friends through here.xx

Guest TH82

Hi Maria, congratulations on getting your visa's! I have just joined myself, only put our application in through the week there but must say I have found everyone on this site very helpful and so lovely. Some of the girls got chatting on a thread yesterday about making new friends in prep for our big move, the thread is "Looking for a Buddy" I think. One of the lovely ladies set up a group on here and there is also one on FB now, Pommie Princesse (missing s at end), so please join if that is something you would be interested in. Whereabouts are you planning on settling if you don't mind me asking? We are just looking at suburbs just now and are struggling to decide, so many things to take into consideration xxx

Guest Maria Day
    Hi Maria, congratulations on getting your visa's! I have just joined myself, only put our application in through the week there but must say I have found everyone on this site very helpful and so lovely. Some of the girls got chatting on a thread yesterday about making new friends in prep for our big move, the thread is "Looking for a Buddy" I think. One of the lovely ladies set up a group on here and there is also one on FB now, Pommie Princesse (missing s at end), so please join if that is something you would be interested in. Whereabouts are you planning on settling if you don't mind me asking? We are just looking at suburbs just now and are struggling to decide, so many things to take into consideration xxx

Hello Tracy,

Nice to meet you here. We have temporary accommodation in Morphett Vale for few weeks while we look for permanent accommodation. we waited for almost 2 years to get this visa, now that it's here I feel really scared! I think it's the thought of leaving my friends and family and comfort zone. I will definitely look into the thread you mentioned. Have you been to Adelaide before?

Guest TH82

That's great you've got somewhere sorted. It's such a big decision isn't it? I think being scared is completely natural, especially when you know your time to go is coming soon but I'm sure it will settle and you will be too busy sorting everything to be scared lol. I have a 7yr old too, a little girl, though my other one is younger at 2. Have you been looking at schools? I haven't been to Adelaide, no. Have been doing so much research into it though and it just feels like the right place for us xx