Hallettt Cove Area

Guest Maria Day

Guest Maria Day

Hello....

We are arriving to Adelaide on 13 january 2012, and has booked a temporary accommodation Should I wait till we get there before applying for school? or Do I need to Apply now on line? We don't know the area at all but reading from the comments here, it's seems like a good area for children. Any advice given would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi there,

We started in Hallett Cove too and loved it. We now live just across the road in Sheidow Park.

I would wait until you get here to have a look around the schools in the area, there are 3 in Hallett Cove alone. That way you can get a proper feel for the schools. We choose the R-12 and glad to say both our children love it and have made some great friends. Know people whose children go to to the South school and the East school and their children are just as happy there so think it will really come down to what feels right for you and your children. At least by waiting until you get here you will have a better idea of where you will settle longer term and start at a school that the children can establish themselves at.

Hope all goes well for you.

Julie

Guest Opportunities
Hello....

We are arriving to Adelaide on 13 january 2012, and has booked a temporary accommodation Should I wait till we get there before applying for school? or Do I need to Apply now on line? We don't know the area at all but reading from the comments here, it's seems like a good area for children. Any advice given would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

Hi,

Not sure whether your children need a primary or secondary school, however you will need to take the catchment areas of the schools into account when deciding on where to live.

The schools that we have contacted re enrolment for 2012 have advised that they are only to enrol our kids once we have proof of a rental contract within their catchment area. Therefore we have short listed some schools, will also make use of temporary accommodation and then decide on the school where it "feels right" and obviously the school selection will determine our area where we will reside.

Good luck!

None of the schools in H/ Cove are full - you can just turn up, enrol and start the following day/ week. My eldest goes to the East school and it's a lovely school. My middle one goes to the Karrara Kindy (round the corner from the East school) and my youngest goes to the playgroup there. It is lovely and I'm thrilled that all of them have settled so well xx

Guest Maria Day
Hi,

Not sure whether your children need a primary or secondary school, however you will need to take the catchment areas of the schools into account when deciding on where to live.

The schools that we have contacted re enrolment for 2012 have advised that they are only to enrol our kids once we have proof of a rental contract within their catchment area. Therefore we have short listed some schools, will also make use of temporary accommodation and then decide on the school where it "feels right" and obviously the school selection will determine our area where we will reside.

Good luck!

Thank you all for your insight.. My children are ages 10 and 7 years old and don't know if education system is the same in the UK. We have booked a temporary accommodation but didn't want to register them in any school before we go there as i would like them to see it first and decide from there. we don't really know yet where in adelaide we are staying but I do like the south area but ultimately will have to see if we can afford the houses in the area.