Misplaced

Partner Visa - letter stating how I intend to support

Okay! Putting together my OH visa application and one of the things I have to do as the sponsoring partner is state how i am going to support my partner when in Oz.

Has anyone else completed one of these letters? If so what did you put in bearing in mind that my situation is that I am an Aussie but have been living in the UK for 34 years - never worked in Oz.

Do o just state that I will be looking to get a job before I leave UK etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Craig

My OH is just about to do one of these - I think they're just going to assess the risk of you arriving and then remaining unemployed meaning that you wouldn't be in a great financial position to sponsor your OH.

I think the guide booklet says that they need copies of wage slips, P60s etc to prove employment and salary - so as long as you've been employed over here for the last x years and can prove it then that should hopfully be sufficient. Anything else you can put regarding applying for jobs before you arrive etc should be a bonus too - it'll help show that you've got a plan to support yourselves.

I'm hoping therefore that in my case my should OH just need to state that she's held full time employment since she's been in the UK, never been on benefits etc and therefore stands a good chance of following the same path when we get to Oz - and then attach wage slips/P60s etc to prove it.

Whilst it hasn't been asked for, we're also planning on attaching copies of our CVs to the form to show that we've both held quite specific roles in the UK and therefore should hopefully be employable once we get to Oz.

I have no idea whether the above is exactly what's required or not so if anyone else can confirm that would be great.

Good luck with your app! ;)

Guest Aussie pat

Aussie pat's other half here

I agree that the key thing is to show income or the ability to generate income by having a job already in the bag or showing that you're in a strong position to get one.

I would just add that if you've got any capital, then give them details of that as well. If you own your house in the UK and it's worth more than your mortgage, give them the net amount. Also if you're raising cash by selling cars or anything else like that, add that in too.

Good luck!

Hi, just wondering if you've got any further yet? We're in a similar position, OH is australian therefore kids are by descent, we've got their citizenship certs, going to apply for passports on fri and filling out my visa application. would be great if you could let us know how you get on? Not sure what to do regarding work prospects either!

Kylie:smile:

Have filled in the partner visa and spouse sponsor visa but haven't sent them off yet as waiting until after our Hols in August. It will be all systems go then :-) let us know how you get on as well and good luck.