ajford

manual or automatic

Hi

Just researching cars to buy and wondered if the majority of people drive manual or automatic cars?

which is the most cost effective to repair?

any recommendations of places to buy them from?

cheers

I drive automatics, in a city of lights at every grid it's just easier. It's easier in stop start traffic too, but the best thing is eating the food you bought in the drive thru whilst driving haahaha

The roads in Adelaide tend to make an auto a better option imho as there are very few roads that resemble the twisting country lanes in the UK. For the most part here it's very flat. I would never have had an auto in the UK whereas here I don't think I'll ever have a manual.

Guest teamV

I drive an auto, as its easier to talk on the mobile phone if you don't have to change gear:policeman:

No seriously ,were wanting to take our auto car as its a lot easier doing city driving:D

Definately automatic!

Good in the city with all the stop starts and great for the steep hills further afield. Not sure where you are planning to live but we hope to be in the south eastern suburbs and some of those hills around Blackwood, Belair and Coro are a nightmare. Icy roads don't happen but I find all the hill starts much easier with an automatic.

I'd never drive an automatic now.

I've driven both, in various countries and have to say since returning to the UK to live I've only ever driven manuals. I know moving to Adelaide the roads might mean an automatic is easier, but it would ruin my joy of driving having no stick shift :sad: Its not proper driving (in my universe) if I am not going through the gear changes and clutching it :biglaugh: