Guest taunton

House empty

Guest taunton

Hi everyone

I sit her in the UK, it is now 2255 hrs, I am sat on beach chair with cold can of Fosters in the drink holder and looking at a 14 inch portable T.V as all of our belongings was wrapped packed and taken to London today for shipping..

What an emotional day it has been, even though this is the 2nd time we have done this journey, this time seems more emotional as we are intending to make it the final move, no more ping ponging for us, holidays only...

We still have the house for the next week, so I describe to everyone, we are camping 5 star style, have hot water, toilets, electric and all the trimmings and solid walls, we are sleeping on mattresses, the kids think it is just great, but when hubby and I try and get up in the morning, my god it's a struggle..the old bones just sieze up....

We head off to say our good bye's on Saturday and Sunday to family, not looking forward to doing that, I know they will be very emotional and then I shall start...so plenty of tissues will be needed...

The original tick list is now complete, everything has happened this week, all conformation done, everything paid for in full...so defiantely no turning back...

WE are very positive about this return, we have more of an insight as to what to expect, so not worrying about jobs or getting permenant rental....

Looking forward to catching up with dear old friends in person as appose to the phone and e-mails...

The new chapter in our lives will start the 28th June when we are at hotel in LOndon ready to leave on the 29th JUne..

Good luck to everyone at the start in the middle or at the end of the migrating process....

Cheers

Wend & happy happy gang

Guest helene73

Best of luck guys :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk :)

wow reading your post brings back some memories for me too, camp beds etc etc.....not long now tho guys ands you you will soon be on your way here.....all the best for the goodbyes they are so not easy....

See you soon...

HG

Guest Nicky&Andy

as with heapsgood brings back memories for us too:daydreaming:, espically the 16"tv lol

enjoy saturday and best of luck to all of you for the 29th , have a good flight:D

Guest Guest75

It's a funny old moment isn't it??

Not long now.

Looking forward to seeing you.

Guest Team 'W'

The first page of a New Chapter , good luck guys ...my body has never been the same since i slept on a mattress and sat in garden chairs ...

Elaine

Yes remember sleeping on inflatable beds, borrowing my mother's portable telly and having to borrow a pan off our neighbour to boil water, as the kettle had been shipped!

Good luck guys.

Guest barb

Good luck with everything. We are getting ready to fly the nest,all our things will go in the next few days and then we will be the same as you camping in our empty house. We hope to fly on the 29th also, but we are going from Manchester with singapore airlines, maybe see you in immigration,lol.

Guest moviemummy
    Hi everyone

I sit her in the UK, it is now 2255 hrs, I am sat on beach chair with cold can of Fosters in the drink holder and looking at a 14 inch portable T.V as all of our belongings was wrapped packed and taken to London today for shipping..

What an emotional day it has been, even though this is the 2nd time we have done this journey, this time seems more emotional as we are intending to make it the final move, no more ping ponging for us, holidays only...

We still have the house for the next week, so I describe to everyone, we are camping 5 star style, have hot water, toilets, electric and all the trimmings and solid walls, we are sleeping on mattresses, the kids think it is just great, but when hubby and I try and get up in the morning, my god it's a struggle..the old bones just sieze up....

We head off to say our good bye's on Saturday and Sunday to family, not looking forward to doing that, I know they will be very emotional and then I shall start...so plenty of tissues will be needed...

The original tick list is now complete, everything has happened this week, all conformation done, everything paid for in full...so defiantely no turning back...

WE are very positive about this return, we have more of an insight as to what to expect, so not worrying about jobs or getting permenant rental....

Looking forward to catching up with dear old friends in person as appose to the phone and e-mails...

The new chapter in our lives will start the 28th June when we are at hotel in LOndon ready to leave on the 29th JUne..

Good luck to everyone at the start in the middle or at the end of the migrating process....

Cheers

Wend & happy happy gang

Good luck Wendy. Thoughts are very much with you and yours.

Laura x :)

All the very best of luck with everything. i can't wait till it's our turn (God willing). Please stay in touch on here and let us know how things are going. Good luck

Jenxx

with cold can of Fosters in the drink holder

You should make the most of the fosters, as you probably know you'll be hard pushed to find it here.:biglaugh:

Guest SusieOR

OMG, you have just given me goose bumps!!! Good Luck guys... not long now...

Sx

Guest taunton

Thanks everyone for all your wishes...

Today is a day for re-packing cases, weighing and re-packing again and endless tip runs....I'll be glad when the weekend is here as I intend to stop then...and just chuck things in...:biglaugh:

Wend

And then you get here and think XXXX i wish we had packed that.....or wished wisjed we shipped that over....

not long and you to can share in the cold SA wintery weather....

Brrrr

As my mrs says....she needs to toughen up...

HG

Guest guest3462

Oooh the memories.....

Good luck with the packing and repacking. Make sure you prioritise the corkscrew/bottle opener, plastic cups, hot water bottles and winter coats!! (and don't forget your bisto!! lol)

Guest Ryan T. Lion

We've been sleeping on matresses and air beds since May 27th........ Eating off borrowed plates, drinking out of borrowed glasses.

The kids LOVE IT, but I'm not gonna miss rolling out of a matress to get up in the morning!