Guest charlie&donna

Kirkstall Abbey-Leeds-28th Aug 2011

Guest charlie&donna

Hi All,

thinking of organising a 'bring yer own picnic' at Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds for Sunday 28th August.

Let me know if your interested and I'll start putting something together.

Cheers

Charlie

Enjoy - this post made me feel nostalgic as I used to live within walking distance of Kirkstall Abbey:)

Guest charlie&donna
    Enjoy - this post made me feel nostalgic as I used to live within walking distance of Kirkstall Abbey:)

If we manage to get more than just the four of us will take some pics to upload to here! :D

Hi Charlie

me and my partner would be interested in the picnic,sounds good.

We're hoping to be heading to Adelaide late September,early October and think were at the stage of boring to death our families and friends about Adelaide,so it would be great to catch up with others heading that way

Jayne x

Guest charlie&donna
    Hi Charlie

We're hoping to be heading to Adelaide late September,early October and think were at the stage of boring to death our families and friends about Adelaide,so it would be great to catch up with others heading that way

Jayne x

Cool, sorry for the delay, have been outside staring at the wierd bright thing in the sky, and it seems to have left me with a funny kind of warm skin type feeling. Strange. :eek:

Will drop you a message closer to the time with my mobile number, times etc.

We would love to join you as its the week before we leave for Adelaide.

It would be great to meet up with people in the same boat.

All the best .

Trev Vicki and Lauren.

Guest graemepugh
    Hi Charlie

Jayne x

Hi, we know the feeling. Our friends and family are bored too. We travel end of August as well.

Can't wait now. Seems a long time ago when we got the job offer.

Maybe see you over there.

The Pugh Family. Staffs.

Guest dwethe

that sounds like a good idea, would be good to hear other stories... live 10 mins away.

Guest charlie&donna

Well as long as the weather is good it should be a nice afternoon.

If interested parties can pm me I will give you my mobile number and we can start to make arrangement once we get into August.

Look forward to meeting up soon.

Take care

Charlie, Donna, Kyle & Coral

Guest charlie&donna

Just a reminder about the Leeds get together (picnic) planned for the next Bank Holiday Weekend (Sunday 28th August) at Kirkstall Abbey. Hopefully for that day at least we will have a bit of sunshine.

Guest SusieOR

I currently live in Ireland so wont be around... :sad: We will be there the following weekend though as we are over there visiting my family!!! :arghh: We almost made it... Sx

Guest Jennet

Blimey can't believe how many people are heading to Adelaide and all so close by in Leeds, it feels so strange i use to go to Kirkstall Abbey all the time when my eldest were young. I was from Horsforth but moved to wakefield 5 yrs ago but hopefully for not much longer.

Guest Guest75
    Blimey can't believe how many people are heading to Adelaide and all so close by in Leeds, it feels so strange i use to go to Kirkstall Abbey all the time when my eldest were young. I was from Horsforth but moved to wakefield 5 yrs ago but hopefully for not much longer.

You won't believe how many HERE are from Leeds and surrounds.

I'm from Pudsey.

Guest Jennet

i was a life guard and general assistant in all departments:jiggy:

Guest Guest75
    Blimey i use to work at pudsey sport centre:jiggy:

Fat too healthier place for me!! Now if it were pubs.....????

The Fox and Grapes in Pudsey was our second home at one time!!

Hi All,

thinking of organising a 'bring yer own picnic' at Kirkstall Abbey, Leeds for Sunday 28th August.

Let me know if your interested and I'll start putting something together.

Cheers

Charlie

Hi Charlie and Donna is the picnic still on ?:smile:

Guest charlie&donna

Hi apologies,

have only just noticed that there have been some more comments added.

Yes the picnic is still planned, although if its raining we may need to relocate to a local hostelry I guess.

In regards to kids. I definately know that my two are coming-My daughters 5 and my son is 9. I am also aware that there are a number of other couples with kids coming along as well.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to invite parents along as well, given that they may find a bit of support between themselves about how horrible we are for moving so far away, blah blah....... so if you think this is a good idea then just say so in here if we can get an idea for numbers aswell.

At last count I think there is around 13 of us, not including parents!

If you would like my mobile number just pm me and its yours!!

Not sure how we will organise it so that we recognise each other-Perhaps an Aussie flag or something.

We've got a badminton/volley ball net we can bring along for the kids/nimble adults to amuse themselves with and if anyone else can think of something they could bring that would be cool.

Anyway hope to see you all there from around 1pm onwards.

Thanks

Charlie

Guest Jennet
    Hi apologies,

have only just noticed that there have been some more comments added.

Yes the picnic is still planned, although if its raining we may need to relocate to a local hostelry I guess.

In regards to kids. I definately know that my two are coming-My daughters 5 and my son is 9. I am also aware that there are a number of other couples with kids coming along as well.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to invite parents along as well, given that they may find a bit of support between themselves about how horrible we are for moving so far away, blah blah....... so if you think this is a good idea then just say so in here if we can get an idea for numbers aswell.

At last count I think there is around 13 of us, not including parents!

If you would like my mobile number just pm me and its yours!!

Not sure how we will organise it so that we recognise each other-Perhaps an Aussie flag or something.

We've got a badminton/volley ball net we can bring along for the kids/nimble adults to amuse themselves with and if anyone else can think of something they could bring that would be cool.

Anyway hope to see you all there from around 1pm onwards.

Thanks

Charlie

where in the abbey do you think this may be!! thanks

Guest charlie&donna

I reckon that we will be on the grass at the Horsforth end of the Abbey. Between the Abbey and the Tennis courts. I'm working on having something that you will be able to see as soon as you walk into the Abbey.