Food

Guest leemina

Guest leemina

I was gonna put some coffee and some chocolate/sweets in our luggage and wondered if this would be ok, obviously we would declare them. Anyone took anything similar and had any problems?

Should be fine (jar of coffee I am guessing?) I take over all sorts, so long as its stuff sealed in packs and wrappers its usually ok. I also take over Marmite and so long as the seal is not broken or the plastic not taken off the squeezy bottle its never been a issue. Fresh things like bread, fruit and so on would be a no.

If its ground coffee I'd not bother as you can get good stuff over there. I usually go to Central Market to stock up on fresh ground stuff. Lovely stuff. I never drink instant coffee so no clue about if there is decent stuff to be had over in Adelaide.

i bring chocolate, biscuits, sweets and bread back every time , no problem as long as you declare, meat, fish, cheese, fruit are not allowed, i once brought back a pack of batchelors marrowfat peas ,these were not allowed as they are considered a seed, customs just took them from me and told me not to do it again, if i hadnt declared that i had food i would have been fined, so always declare food.

does anyone know if you're ok putting packs of Heinz tins in your container - soup, beans, etc.? We know someone in 'staff sales' and was thinking of stocking up and bringing stuff with us!

They do sell baked beans in Aus ;)

Have a read through the food section on the Gov offical blurb

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/import/food

There are a few sections to cover and make sure you read but it does explain what can and cannot be taken in and quantities etc.

does anyone know if you're ok putting packs of Heinz tins in your container - soup, beans, etc.? We know someone in 'staff sales' and was thinking of stocking up and bringing stuff with us!

The first time I had beans here I could not eat them they were SPC make i think, tried Heinz still not the same then found that Heinz do what they call English recipe beans and they are ok.You do get Heinz soups here as well but you dont get ox tail soup which i miss there choice is very limited.