Moosh

Solar and ETSA

Anyone having a delay with ETSA changing over your meter box?

We were advised by our solar provider that our meter was being changed over on the 16th June by ETSA, a month after installation of our solar panels but it didn't happen. Apparently, ETSA will send a bill out for $430 first before the changeover. We've not received a bill yet. How long do you have to wait?

Guest Nick11

My friend is having panels put in next tuesday and etsa are coming out on friday. She hasn't been billed yet..would have thought they are so busy that bills will take some time to come through

We are having ours done the week after..so will let you know.

Etsa have a backlog of installations right now. There's a rush to beat the reduction in the solar subsidy.

I have been waiting since March and only have a meter change over on the 12th of July.

What Etsa will be doing is changing the old meter to a smart meter so that it can accept the solar input.

In the meantime it's a good idea to turn the system on if you have the old wheel type meter. The panels and inverter are still working and the meter will spin backwards if you aren't using much electricity!

Tamara

Guest guest569

you have to phone Etsa and book a date yourself. The solar company won't do it for you. I booked mine about 4 weeks ago and am booked in for the earliest available appointment. The 25 th Aug !!!! The fee wil be on the bill after the swap over. Mine is $650 because i have 3 phase power.:sad:

Guest Nick11

My neighbour rang ETSA yesterday and it is being fitted next Friday!!!!!Apparently they are in our area that day.

Guest katsmajic

Wow thats lucky - our friends had theirs installed a few weeks ago and have been given Oct for their change over date...

our solar company did it for us, even sent us a letter confirming the date. I'll get hubby to call them just in case.