Misplaced

League Tables

I know there has been a link posted before for school league tables but I can't find it - therefore can someone post it as I can't find a definitive link!

Thanks

Craig

Guest Adelaide_bound

Please do not base all of your choices on league tables - in this country they are worse than useless, and generally at the detriment of the children, I am hoping beyond all hope that Australia does not go down the same route and education stays about the children developing, growing, learning and ENJOYING their childhood.

Remember the old saying - lies, damn lies and statistics....

Guest Trakki

Have to totally agree with Adelaide-bound, wait til you get here and look round the schools, you will know what one is right.

Oh! Don't worry I pay little attention to league tables just won't to have a look out of interest. The OH and I go by the 'feel' of a place (home/school etc.) rather than stats and the kids will have to feel that it is right - most importantly.

Where are you hoping to live? If you have some idea of where you would like to settleI'm sure there will be lots of people on here who can advise you.

I only know about the school my granddaughters go to in Coromandel (they live about 5-6k from there) They research other local schools within 8k and chose this as the best for them.

By all means look at statistics but also read school reports and look at individual websites and get a feel for the place by visiting the grounds and building and maybe talking to some of the parents.

We are looking to live South of Adelaide Seaford/Port Noarlunga(my old home town)/Aldinga are probably our preferences but we will be scouting the area to see what suites the family needs.

Reynella East looks favourite from here but would like some more suggestions of High Schools to have a look at, please.