Guest Beverley1305

Does a 138 visa allow me to work anywhere?

Guest Beverley1305

We have a 138 visa from sponsors in SA but a huge job opportunity has come up in Sydney. Any idea if this visa type restricts us to work in SA for a period of time or are we free to work anywhere?

We have a 138 visa from sponsors in SA but a huge job opportunity has come up in Sydney. Any idea if this visa type restricts us to work in SA for a period of time or are we free to work anywhere?

Hi Beverley

The answer is that you can move whenever and wherever you wish. If you want to be ultra polite, you could *inform* Immigration SA about your decision but you do not need their permission and I don't know whether they are really fussed about being informed. You could ring them to ask about that bit?

However I'm curious about your sc 138 visa, please? That visa was closed to new applicants on 1st September 2007. So what happened? Was your visa granted sometime after 1st Sept 2007 and you have then waited before making a move out to Oz or something?

I'm asking because it is unusual to find somebody asking about a sc 138 visa, so I'm wondering what the relevant facts are, please?

Cheers

Gill

Guest Beverley1305

Hi Gill,

The visa was granted in August 2008 and we validated in April 2009 with the intention of coming September 09 before our daughter started school but then circumstances arose at home which delayed us a year. The application was in before September 2007 - it took about 14months to go through.

At the time, the migration agent suggested we would be restricted to SA for at least 2 years but then I spoke to other people who said not so I wasn't sure, particularly as our assurer is in Sydney although our sponsor is in Adelaide

Thanks for your help!