Guest shella_n

Hols in queensland

Guest shella_n

Hi

We r thinking about visiting Queensland for a weeks or so holiday and wondering I'd anyone got any recommendations?

We r thinking of going in school hold this July, we dont have a massive budget, we love to scuba dive but toofo that we would need some form of childcare - perhaps a hotel kids club of something?

Not quite sure where to start so any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

If you want to go scuba diving then probably far north Queensland (Cairns, Townsville, Port Douglas) where you can get out to the Barrier Reef would be better - however I can't help with hotels with kids clubs.

It is cheaper to fly to the Gold Coast, we have had a couple of holidays in Broadbeach (a couple of suburbs south of Surfers Paradise), just staying in an apartment block - and we love it there. There is loads to do, but if you go to the theme parks it can be expensive. I know there is a resort on the Gold Coast which is is great if you have young children (some friends of ours go there every year) - and I think it is Paradise Resort http://www.paradiseresort.com.au/

There seems to be a big campaign on tv to get everyone to go to Queensland so there might be some good deals available. Our kids keep nagging us to go back there, I'm sure you will have a good time wherever you go.

Guest shella_n

Just looked up the Paradise resort -looks fab and they do 4 hours free childcare! Thank you so much!!