Sign in to follow this  
Guest mori

Getting a job offer for a 495 Visa

Guest mori

Hi - am new to this site and am looking for some advice.

I am looking to migrate to Australia with my wife and two young children and we are wanting to live and work in the Adelaide area. I have been advised by a migration agent in the UK that I stand a good chance of getting a 495 SIR Visa (I do not qualify for a permanent visa at this stage).

I am an ICT Manager and in order to get a 495 visa in South Australia I need a job offer of at least 3 months and I was wondering how to go about this from the UK as I am concerned about how to get a job offer from a company that would be prepared to wait while the paperwork was being sorted and then us being able to move having sold the house etc was sorted which would, I suspect, take several months.

Any help or ideas anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

Guest dglamoore

Hi and welcome to the site. There are a few sites where you may be abe to get a job such as seek.com but I know it can be harder securing employment before arrival.

Have you looked at going for an SIR under the catagory of General Manager as this would still get you enough points for an SIR as it is on the skills list but you would not need a job offer first.

Might not work for you but might be worth a look into :D

Lisa

Guest mori

Thanks Lisa

I had wondered about this. I will start looking at the options.

Hi Mori

My hubby is IT manager, and decided to go through as General Manager becuase of the hassle of getting a job offer before we go.

Most companies, want you to have a visa before looking at you.......

We are going on a SIR495 visa, and even though hubby is gone through as general manager, once there, he will be able to work in his field again.

Good luck

sarahx

Guest mori

Hi Sarah

many thanks for this info. I think I will go down the General Manager route as well.

I hope all goes well for you also.

Guest mori

Hi again Sarah

just wondered which assessing body your hubby used? Obviously I would have gone through the ACS but I assume he had to go through a different one.

Cheers

Hi Mori,

sorry for the delay in replying...........Hubby went through Vetasses...it was quite simple really, as long as you have a degree we were told that he would pass no probs......... are you going through an agent?

hope all is well

sarahx