Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan T. Lion

Teaching in S.A. - registration docs

    Recommended Posts

    Guest Ryan T. Lion

    Bare with me cos I'm typing this drunk.


    My wife is a Primary teacher and when we come over, she'd like to be able to do a little supply etc (or the Oz equivalent). We have all the docs to fill in - wow, there's lots!


    Did any of you fill these in while still in the UK? It's the "assessment of qualification" ones (where you pay) that we're looking at. It asks for a correspondence address and a residential address. We have neither. Yet.


    Our plan was to get these forms sorted and sent in advance, cos we know a magistrate/JP type person over here to authenticate it all, y'know - the copies.


    Is it easier/better etc to wait until you have a permanent residential address? Because for us that would mean our perm rental..... Which would delay her being able to work.


    Although reading recent posts it seems like teaching jobs are as rare as rocking horse sh*t anyway. She wouldn't be bothered about a permanent post - we're on 4 year visas.


    Any thoughts?





    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    Sign in to follow this