Guest guest8040

Poms in paradise

Guest guest8040

ITV programme. Watched tonights offering. Personally I can't imagine missing any food so much that I would pay 5x as much for it and shop in a British convenience store - maybe that will change if we get there! Also a marsh snake was brought in to a wildlife hospital after a family found it.....in their flaming sofa!!! I don't need to hear that

Guest moonraker1959

Yes I also watched the show.I'm not a lover of fish and chips myself,in either country but I guess there is no difference between from that couple opening a chip shop to say a vietnamese opening a take out,or an asian curry house.I had quite a shock last time I was in my home town(in Sth Australia).Only had a population of around 1,300 and a vietnamese family had opened up a viet grocery store.Must of been doing alright as it has stayed open.

Guest guest8040

That's bizarre about the vietnamese store! And although I like fish and chips I don't think my life would be meaningless without them - did you see the price too? $14.95 for the imported cod! Good on them though for making a good go of it

I have to agree about not missing something soooo bad as to pay 5x as much for it!!!!

Worked out that that the Irish tea bags were £7.68 :-0 for not that many!!

Having said all that we fo buy Milo here and Vegemite on the odd occasion - but it's not like we must have it.

Guest leeannekays

Marsh snake in found in the sofa eeeekkkkkkk I so didnt need to hear that either, I can honestly say I will never forgot it and when sat on a sofa in OZ, It will always cross my mind !!!!!

Guest Guest75

Don't worry,no Marsh snakes here.

It's the Eastern Browns you have to watch out for;);)

Had em in the house,in the pool and sat on the doorstep waiting to greet guests for a BBQ.

This fella was only small but they are the most dangerous:shocked:

Image178.jpg

Guest guest8040

Eeeerrrr which area do you live in Tyke so I can cross it off my list??!! Seriously though the snake thing terrifies me especially with 2 inquisitive boys. Do you REALLY come across them a lot as I read of people who've lived there years and never seen them. The sofa thing will haunt me forever too...