Guest scmercer

Has anyone used HIFX to transfer money?

Guest scmercer

Hi

We are on our way back to the UK in July and were thinking about using HIFX to transfer our aussie dollars to pounds. Has anyone used them before? Would you recommend them?

Thanks

Sheila

Guest the challinors1

Hi

We used them when we arrived, would recommend them, we had no problems at all, money straight in the bank here, when we arrived, bank account set up for us, everything went very smoothly no hiccups.

Jayne

Guest Guest75

Just be careful if you are using this company to pay for anything here (such as a rental).

Twice now when people have booked with us we have found the transactions to be $24 short!

Apparently it is an intermediary bank that charges (ANZ from what I can chase up),no note on our bank statements.

It's not the money ,it's the point. I thought taking without consent was theft???:policeman::policeman:

Guest Roo1
    Just be careful if you are using this company to pay for anything here (such as a rental).

Twice now when people have booked with us we have found the transactions to be $24 short!

Apparently it is an intermediary bank that charges (ANZ from what I can chase up),no note on our bank statements.

It's not the money ,it's the point. I thought taking without consent was theft???:policeman::policeman:

Same has happened when I've had guests transfer money over using HIFX. Between $7 and $24 short.

I complained to HIFX and they refunded all my shortfalls. Maybe its worth you getting in touch Tyke?

Judi

Guest Guest75
    Same has happened when I've had guests transfer money over using HIFX. Between $7 and $24 short.

I complained to HIFX and they refunded all my shortfalls. Maybe its worth you getting in touch Tyke?

Judi

I've been in touch on several occasions Judi. It's when a guest sends a payment to us.

Had no response from them at all.

They did say they would refund the money to the sender but it's not very good service. I'm not keen on accepting payments via them any more.:skeptical:

Guest Roo1

Yep, I've pulled their logo off my website because of this. I'll now be recommending MoneyCorp as they guarentee this won't happen.

I complained to Nick Brain in Sydney (this too was when guests payments came trhough short), he got on to the UK office and they made the refund, after a few months of emailing back and forth I must say.

Judi

Yes a few of my guests have used them too and each time they've been $14 short and when I've mentioned it to the guest and they have chased it up they have received a full refund each time. My bank assured me (Bank SA) that it wasn't them but when I spoke to someone from HiFx they said it wasn't them so not sure what's going on. A few guests have paid through Moneycorp recently and the payments have been spot on.

We moved back to the UK in July last year and transferred our house sale proceeds back with HIFX. Could not fault them at all. Highly recommended.

I have also had the fee deduction problem with HiFX and was not inpressed by their total failure to sort it out.

Their banner ad has been pulled from my web site and replaced with Moneycorp.

The people from Moneycorp have phoned and kept me informed of what's happening yet HiFx have ignored me completely.

Tamara

Guest Guest75
    I have also had the fee deduction problem with HiFX and was not inpressed by their total failure to sort it out.

Their banner ad has been pulled from my web site and replaced with Moneycorp.

The people from Moneycorp have phoned and kept me informed of what's happening yet HiFx have ignored me completely.

Tamara

Good to know it's not just me then.

It's only small sums I know but it's annoying. I'll look into Moneycorp.

For years now I've had great dealings with Custom House.They have an office here in Adelaide and I know some of the team.

If you deal with them - talk to Alison and mention me,she has been of great help at times :cute: