traygo

Verifying Qualifications form NVQ to AQF 's

HELP!!! Looking into verifying my NVQ's to AQF's...Has anybody any ideas where to start? I am a Hairdresser qualified up to and including level 4 / teaching / Internal Verifying included, but as I am aware these NVQ's are not recognised over there!!! Any body know if I could start work whilst going through the process of verifying them, I have read it takes around 3 months for this process, and I have to be in residency We don't arrive until beginning of September. Any information would be appreciated... :)

Thanks- all

Tracey

Guest dean berridge

Hi, If I am not mistaken you don't get them altered you will have to apply for their equivalent I had the eqivalent to an NVQ 5 but only recieved an AQF111 as that is the highest grade they do in brickwork I beleive:eek:. As a bricklayer i went through my agent but did it through Victoria University. You need cv, all your qualification, and references stating that you have worked for x number of years. These all need to be varified and signed by a solicitor, police offecer etc. As I can only comment on the bricklaying trade assessment, the way I went you do an interview through skype. The vetass way you do a practical. Both cost the same money though. I applied for mine approx 14th April and got the interview on the 9th June. Hope this helps.

Guest Jack Frost

I discussed it with Vetassess who I understand can start the process whilst you are still in the UK

Guest Lesley F

Hi Tracey, I am also a hairdresser.My agent organised me to have my skill assessed with Queensland Hair Acadamy.I have a NVQ level 111 which has now been converted to a AQF level 111 which is the Australian qualification. I had to do a skype interview which was very relaxed.I had to find a model and perform a cut and blow dry and then talk through and explain what I was doing.They then send you a multiple choice questionaire which you do and send back. I done it March 2010 and it cost about £1000.00. Hope this helps :-)