Techy advice please

The Monaghans

You wouldn't think of that, but there seems to be a fair bit to say (on the web) that's the way to do a laptop etc. Most say deionised, not distilled water.

http://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Laptop-from-Liquid-Damage

As you mention, maybe not with an ipod.

Cheers,

Cooler

Now, thinking about it, it does make sense. The issue would be getting it dry and that could be hard with some parts so I guess you can take CD/DVD drive, batteries out etc.

Let's hope OP and my son get their ipods working :sad:

Cooler

Guest Mrs PHH
Thanks everyone (I think....) Have had the ipod in a bowl of rice for a few days. I've just connected it up and it's telling me that it's connected but it's flickering like mad. Think I'll put it in rice for a bit longer and see how we go. Thanks again all!

You could always try this crowd:

http://www.digimob.com.au/

I dropped my phone in the surf, it was water logged with sand under the key pad and they fixed it. Cost me $100 but they'll do a free quote so you don't have to commit to anything before you know the cost.

Mrs PHH:)

Well I'm astounded to say that the rice trick works! Ipod functioning pretty much normally, the screen is dark and very hard to read but the hey, it's working so don't really care! Thanks to all for the advice!

That's great, well done.

Unfortunately, my sons is still not working, suspect it's crackered.

Looks like he'll have to save up for another one!

Cooler

Guest WhatNow?
Claim on house isnurance and go get another...my ipod does my head in having to go through i tunes to put music onto it...whatever happened to good old drag n drop....

HG

LOL! I am an anti i- anything person, being a rebellious sort who refuses to give in to i-tyrrany! I've used Napster for sourcing and downloading music since it went legal and combining it with Tunebite, I now download, remove DRM entirely legally and save all my music as mp3 then i can drag and drop onto whatever device I want, Creative for preference. For a paltry £15 a month three of you can share a subscription with unlimited downloads and the Tunebite software re-records and converts most music and video to most other formats (including i-formats).

Guest WhatNow?
Our daughter dropped her phone down the toilet a few weeks ago.

We did the old rice trick and after a few days the fone was working although the reception is a bit poo ...lol

HG

I have a friend in the Uk who dropped her phone down the toilet not just once but twice. Now all I get from her are dirty jokes!

Claim on house isnurance and go get another...my ipod does my head in having to go through i tunes to put music onto it...whatever happened to good old drag n drop....

HG

Yep,my Ipod is now redundant,as i can't be asred with the itunes nonsense just to get my Music on.A load of complicated and unnecessary crap.I use a great little MP3 Player now,recommended on loads of sites.Sound quality and simplicity is all i want,and this gives both in abundance.:):D