Guest Adelaide_bound

State Sponsorship paperwork

Guest Adelaide_bound

Hiya,

This is especially for those who have recently just applied for SS (well, before it closed anyway) - we want to be ready to apply on Friday when it reopens and send everything off the same day, and as the website is still closed I can't check exactly what we need, so wondered if anyone could be so kind as to let me know what you sent off and if it was certified etc?

I'm thinking:

Passport (for just me? or for husband as well?)

Birth certificate (full version) as above

AITSL positive skills assessment

IETLS cert. (can't remember if I need this for SS or not :goofy: )

and then I just forget everything I ever knew about SS.

Do copies of it all have to certified? Does anyone have an up to date list of who can certify?

Cheers if you can assist people :)

I hope someone helps, your always helping others! Be glad to share in any advice you receive to get mine ready too.

Guest vicky_1970

my application is totally ready to go from last time so (as long as nothing has changed) you need

MUST Haves :

* application cover sheet (print from online application)

* copy of positive skills assessment

* copy of qualifications and/or fellowships / memberships detailing highest qualification achieved and date of completion

*copy of IELTS test

* copy of passport pages with name, dob, and country of citizenship

IF applicable :

* Evidence of any licensing or registration requirements for your nominated

* Letter from current or previous employer (optional)

Hope this helps !! Roll on 1st (secretly still hoping it may be earlier than Friday though !!!)

Vicky

Guest Viksta

yeah that list looks good to me, we had an agent so they just did it all for us

i didn't worry about my reference as I wasn't ready to tell them yet.

i also didn't put it evidence of my registration over here, I had to write a note that proved I had looked into how to register over there, we got ours and they have never asked for my registration details from here. i told them where and how i would register (i'm a teacher too) how much it would cost and what courses i had to attend. that was the way my agent interpreted that question, but i guess you could do both. if you google teacher registration in oz it'll come up, I can't find the link i had i'm afraid. you will also need to get someone to sign your front cover that isn't a relative, but it doesnt have to be a professional, my best buddy did mine!

hope that is a bit helpful!

x x x

Guest helene73
    Hiya,

This is especially for those who have recently just applied for SS (well, before it closed anyway) - we want to be ready to apply on Friday when it reopens and send everything off the same day, and as the website is still closed I can't check exactly what we need, so wondered if anyone could be so kind as to let me know what you sent off and if it was certified etc?

I'm thinking:

Do copies of it all have to certified? Does anyone have an up to date list of who can certify?

Wish I could help after all your brill advice but I have a agent doing it, so only signed and sent the cover sheet off.

Good luck I have everything crossed for you :)

Guest Adelaide_bound
    my application is totally ready to go from last time so (as long as nothing has changed) you need

MUST Haves :

* application cover sheet (print from online application)

* copy of positive skills assessment

* copy of qualifications and/or fellowships / memberships detailing highest qualification achieved and date of completion

*copy of IELTS test

* copy of passport pages with name, dob, and country of citizenship

IF applicable :

* Evidence of any licensing or registration requirements for your nominated

* Letter from current or previous employer (optional)

Hope this helps !! Roll on 1st (secretly still hoping it may be earlier than Friday though !!!)

Vicky

Cheers guys, all good, and ready to go then (apart from front cover but can't do that until its reopened) - unless they need to be certified copies? :arghh:

Think I will be doing what you did Viksta with regards to the 'I know what I have to do to be a teacher in SA' letter - have my courses all lined up to book once I know what date we are arriving, so fully up with what I need to do - just need to get there first :biglaugh:

Hurrah, nearly there! :D

Guest Becster19

We had to have our birth certificates and the copies of the bio page from our passports (and thats everyone included in the application) certified.

Guest martin495

Hi we did our own paperwork and it took from oct 2009 til july 2010 to do the whole thing from skill recognition to ss to visa, I kid you not!

IELTS I beleive is the language test? if your british you dont need it.

You will need every thing certified luckily a friend of ours from our youngests school was a police officer I photo copied everything and showed him the originals and got him to certify all copies.

hope this helps, seems like a long time ago now

Martin and Dawn and girls

Guest helene73
    Hi we did our own paperwork and it took from oct 2009 til july 2010 to do the whole thing from skill recognition to ss to visa, I kid you not!

IELTS I beleive is the language test? if your british you dont need it.

You will need every thing certified luckily a friend of ours from our youngests school was a police officer I photo copied everything and showed him the originals and got him to certify all copies.

hope this helps, seems like a long time ago now

Martin and Dawn and girls

You were lucky not to need IELTS :)

Some occupations require a higher IELTS score than the 6 you automatically have for having a UK passport, under the new points system a lot of us are now short so we have to take the IELTS test to make up our points, things seem to change so fast in the world of visas.

:)

Guest Adelaide_bound
    We had to have our birth certificates and the copies of the bio page from our passports (and thats everyone included in the application) certified.

Cheers Becster - do you have a list of exactly who can certify at all?

:D

Guest Becster19

Im afraid not, we have an agent and she certified everything for us. Usually its other professionals. Another teacher will be able to do it. I usually use either my teacher or social worker friends. I could check with my agent if that would help? She's usually responds super quick.

Cheers Becster - do you have a list of exactly who can certify at all?

:D

Guest Adelaide_bound

If its no trouble that would be super fab, many thanks - but if its going to cost you anything or make anything difficult don't worry, either someone else can tell me or we shall just wait until later this week :)

Many thanks for all your help :)

Hi

When we did our SS for SA...we did not certify any documents apart from the front sheet. We had a sols certify it for a fiver.

That list that vicky_1970 provided is spot on! Good luck with the app adelaidebound! My fingers are crossed that it reopens real soon for all you guys.

Nat & Gaz

Guest Adelaide_bound

Cheers guys thats mega helpful - don't worry about asking then Becster - if its only the front sheet, and that can be done by anyone that isn't family, it shouldn't be a problem :D

Guest vicky_1970

I didn't think the front sheet needed to be certified just witnessed (by a friend) to say it is your signature.

Vicky

I didn't think the front sheet needed to be certified just witnessed (by a friend) to say it is your signature.

Vicky

Yes the front page does require witnessing not certifying..that is what i meant! Ha..! (Its been a long day)

If i can remember it would need to be someone outside of your family. Quote me guys if im wrong. The 'make the move sa' website will probably have a simular requirements list once it reopens so im sure they will clarify this for you.

Guest Adelaide_bound

witnessing - certifying - potato - poetato yada yada :P

Yeah, we will be able to get it all from the website on Fri, we just want to have it all ready to go so we don't get behind everyone else in the que and get stuck waiting before we can apply for the actual visa - if I have to stay at school for another term after the next one I might just do/say something I regret, so need to get out of there now lol

witnessing - certifying - potato - poetato yada yada :P

Yeah, we will be able to get it all from the website on Fri, we just want to have it all ready to go so we don't get behind everyone else in the que and get stuck waiting before we can apply for the actual visa - if I have to stay at school for another term after the next one I might just do/say something I regret, so need to get out of there now lol

I am with you on that one! Theres days where i just want to scream and shout 'im going to oz & i am never coming back' ha! Hopefully the timescale will be quick for you so you dont have to do another term!

Guest martin495
    You were lucky not to need IELTS :)

Some occupations require a higher IELTS score than the 6 you automatically have for having a UK passport, under the new points system a lot of us are now short so we have to take the IELTS test to make up our points, things seem to change so fast in the world of visas.

:)

Yes we were for some reason on the occupations in demand and the more urgent one, sorry to throw you.

Martin:nah:

Hiya,

I'm thinking:

Hi

I appreciate I might be out of date on SS but we also had to prepare a document about why we had chosen SA. Our agents requested the document to send off with our Sponsorship application. We talked in the doc about the research we did and how we imagined us and our children would settle in to their new lives.

Happy to email you our doc if it helps.

Good luck with your application :wubclub:

Laurie

Guest Adelaide_bound

Laurie, that would be very handy thank you - we've spent ages on our statement, but are worried we have got completely the wrong end of the stick - as it is I've spent hours going 'no no no, we need to tell them why specifically we want to live in SA not all of Australia' - which is annoying as a lot of the things tbh are Australia wide, but then get into tiny detail as to why SA over, say, Perth or something....

Anyway, sorry to waffle, yes, looking at someone else's who has actually been successful would be magic - I'll PM you my email address if you don't mind, as don't want spammers to harvest my email addy :D

Cheers x

Adelaide_bound

I have just sent you a pm. I am not sure whether it has sent though. It seems i am having problems in sending private messages..arrghh!

Anyway if you could let me know if you received it that would be great. Cheers

Guest Adelaide_bound

Yep, Hughes'Roberts, got and replied :D Many thanks