Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan T. Lion

VISA DELAYS!!!! Tech problems at DIAC?

Guest Ryan T. Lion

I've got this friend.........

Seriously, a mate of mine has been waiting 7 weeks now for 4 x 457 visas for him and family.

Mine took 4 weeks to the day. :D

The migration agent reckons there's been a huge system meltdown at DIAC, there is a huge backlog, and they cannot even say when they'll get to even look at his application..... No indication at all when it will be. :shocked:

Bit of a kick in the pills for him, as he was expecting an email any day now with visa approval........ It's been 7 weeks and it doesn't even seem to have been considered yet.

I know that's not a long time for all you that are chasing PR, but still - pretty harsh.

Any other members of the "457 Squadron" been told of any delays/backlog?

Anyone?

Cheers

Ryan

Guest Squareman

Mine took over well over 7 weeks and thats with no queries or anything.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

Yeah, I know they can take that long.

To be honest - he'd be happy with 7 weeks - it's actually been 7 weeks - but the thought of still being in the "look at" pile is a bit harsh.

Anyone in the PR camp heard of any technical problems at DIAC?

Guest Cadas

I had a job interview in Sydney yesterday and the HR manager was so relieved I had my PR as she said that 457's were taking 12 weeks at the moment.

So maybe a bit longer to wait

Guest Ryan T. Lion
    I had a job interview in Sydney yesterday and the HR manager was so relieved I had my PR as she said that 457's were taking 12 weeks at the moment.

So maybe a bit longer to wait

:arghh: Yikes !!!!!

He lodged his application 7 weeks ago, so maybe it won't be the full 12 weeks he has to wait.

Thanks Cadas

Guest guest3462

Our 457 took from April to august to process back in 2008. It will come when they're ready to do it. No one knows more about waiting for visas than us! Lol x

Guest Ryan T. Lion
    Our 457 took from April to august to process back in 2008. It will come when they're ready to do it. No one knows more about waiting for visas than us! Lol x

Yikes - that IS a lot of waiting! :shocked:

When I had my interview in Feb, DIAC were saying 4-6wks for a 457. Same with my buddy, although he took a little longer to accept his offer (he had a choice of companies, not like me... :huh:)

The agency are blaming "system problems" at DIAC and a "huge backlog"...... Personally I just think they're busy, and I got in before the rush.

Can anyone substantiate the technical problems. or is he just being thrown a line?