Guest leemina

Cars

Guest leemina

We're researching cars and prices etc. We currently have a ford fiesta, before that had a citroen synergie 7-seater which i miss. We're looking at getting a bigger car when we arrive in Adelaide though not necessarily a 7-seater (used to be childminder). My kids are only getting bigger (teenagers) so was looking at a SUV/4x4. Just wanted to know your opinions of cars and what cars you have and are happy with.

Thanks

Guest parko

Hi

Try carsales.com.au but before you do sit down with a cup of tea ,they are alot more exspencive than the uk but you get good money back when you selling them on again.

Parko

As Asil just said. I bought a Ford Territory AWD 1 year old in Melbourne and drove it back. It had to be driven to SA without number plates and with a permit (Australia is only 1 country for sport, for everything else its 5 separate governing states). The saving paid for a 4 day family holiday along the Great Ocean Road back from Melbourne. SA has few people = few cars = higher prices. Don't say you're just off the boat when looking at cars for you'll get fleeced.

4x4 buy from Vic or NSW and drive back

Get a 4x4 its the way to go especially if you wanna use it for what its designed for.....

School runs and 2 mins trips to the shops that is....:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I have 4x4 and would not change ot for anything....

Just be warned that cars really really hold their price here.:dull:

HG

Guest Guest5035
    As Asil just said. I bought a Ford Territory AWD 1 year old in Melbourne and drove it back. It had to be driven to SA without number plates and with a permit (Australia is only 1 country for sport, for everything else its 5 separate governing states). The saving paid for a 4 day family holiday along the Great Ocean Road back from Melbourne. SA has few people = few cars = higher prices. Don't say you're just off the boat when looking at cars for you'll get fleeced.

didn't you forget to mention regency park and what happens there???????

stevo

Guest shahram

Hi All,

I am Automotive electrician and i have 19 years experience about that including car alarms ,head unit .audio & video car systems.

what do you think about my job in SA?

could you please realize your opinion about my job in SA?

thx

Shahram

Guest Asil
    didn't you forget to mention regency park and what happens there???????

stevo

A little off topic, but what happens at regency? ID check (not actually at regency but round the corner), road worthy check (if needed) and away you go, Prices available on the transport site.

saving $$$$$$

Guest moonraker1959

SA has few people+few cars+higher prices?Not sure how you work that one out.You used to be able to pick up a good second hand car very cheaply a few years back when SA had fewer people!:skeptical:

If theres fewer cars then theres less choice and it becomes a sellers market.

I didn't have to go to Regency with a VIC car - just to the local police station so they could crawl under the car to see its engine number.

Guest Guest5035
    A little off topic, but what happens at regency? ID check (not actually at regency but round the corner), road worthy check (if needed) and away you go, Prices available on the transport site.

saving $$$$$$

Not off topic AT ALL, every car bought interstate has to go through the checks at "Regency Park" as its commonly called, plus the SA rego is required within 2 weeks. Its not just a matter of buying it interstate and driving it back to SA.

stevo

Guest Guest5035
    If theres fewer cars then theres less choice and it becomes a sellers market.

I didn't have to go to Regency with a VIC car - just to the local police station so they could crawl under the car to see its engine number.

never known that

stevo

Are new cars cheaper interstate? Has anyone bought one recently and if so is there any merit in haggling for better spec etc?