Quality web cam?

Guest rockpool crab

Guest rockpool crab

Hi there,

I'll be looking to set up skype when we get there and have had a wee trial run in UK but found the quality of the picture wasn't that great.

Does anyone know if it's best to use like a video camera rather than a specific web camera..does that make the quality any better?

Any advice gratefully received...as I'm a complete newb at the webcam lark.

Thanks.

Carol Ann

Guest Martin and Val

Hi Carol Ann,

We got a Web Cam a few weeks ago and the picture quality is great, It must all depend on the quality of the camera the other end. I spoke to a cousin the other week and the picture I was getting wasn't that good but he said I was coming through Cristal clear.

We got a Microsoft VX6000 which has a 1.3 mega-pixel camera and costs around £70.

We use it with Windows live messenger and have no problems.

Good luck

Martin and Val

Guest rockpool crab
Hi Carol Ann,

It must all depend on the quality of the camera the other end. Good luck

Martin and Val

Maybe thats why the picture was rubbish then..my mum just had some inbuilt thing on her laptop..never did ask what my picture was like. There was a sort of delay / lag so just assumed she was getting it too.

I wonder if I can use just my ordinary digital camera with the USB plugged in..mmm...I'll try that me thinks..and get my mum to do the same with hers.

I'll let you guys know how that goes.

Ta for replying.

Carol Ann