Guest thestewarts912

kangaroo island

Guest thestewarts912

Can anybody give us any info about kangaroo island, whats it like. Have lived on Scottish Islands and were beautiful but a little insular. Is it hooching with tourists come summer but a ghost town come off season. Would there be much to occupy children apart from the obvious beach life style. Is the cost of living higher than main land SA Any views welcome :huh:

maxine

Guest bristow1

HI K.I is a lovely place but i would personally advise you not to move there! It sounds very familiar to your Scottish islands, very busy and full of tourism in the summer but deserted through winter months! Me and my partner have only been on holiday there and completed 10 days volunteer work there but from what we saw would probably advise against it we didn't come across much for children to do! Its very tourist orientated from what we could tell! But don't just go on our opinions! Do alot of research first. Hope this is of some help x x x

Guest SA Great

The ferry trip is one of the dearest in the world for the distance I have been told. I agree with Bristow....don't live there. Personally I found it pretty boring and very similar to Deep Creek which is on the mainland. Seal Bay was good but there is a lot of nothing between places. I guess we are all different!

The ferry trip is one of the dearest in the world for the distance I have been told. I agree with Bristow....don't live there. Personally I found it pretty boring and very similar to Deep Creek which is on the mainland. Seal Bay was good but there is a lot of nothing between places. I guess we are all different!

Miles and miles of very beautiful nothing admitedly and a few interesting places to visit in between. Great fora visit or holiday but maybe not the best place to live with a young family unless you enjoy isolation, hardly any shops and very little to do in winter. Its big compared to Scottish islands and you can drive miles and miles without seeing another car or person even in summer months.

Guest thestewarts912

Thankyou everyone for your comments, its pretty much what we thought ourselves.