cribber

CD's & DVD's

Somebody has told my wife that CD's bought in the UK will not work in OZ!!!!!! I think that she's been mis-informed.

Has anyone experienced problems playing UK bought CD's on players bought in OZ or vice versa???

Also are multi region DVD players easy to find and what about cost?

Any advice much appreciated.

Guest Libby1971

Hi

CDs will work out here on the hifis you can get so don't panic.

We bought a multiregional DVD player before we left with a scart connector BUT the TVs here don't have scart connectors or none that we could find so we bought one when we got here which cost about $129 I think. Hope this helps.

Libby

Guest Martin and Val

Hi,

We bought CD's in Aus that work fine back in England.

All I can say regarding DVD's is we have made family/home Dvd's in England and sent them to relations in Aus who have played them without any problem. (Not sure about shop bought ones)

Martin and Val

Hi

We bought a cheap dvd player from big w when we got here $30. It was not multi regional but plays all our dvd's and cd's which we bought over from the uk.

Wendy

Guest pdinoz

The dvds work fine, if you have any trouble you just need to get a cheaper player. -i don't know why but it's the expensive ones that don't play different regions.

However, it's not all good news, UK TVs don't work out here, nor do video recorders record shows -again i'm not sure of the techs, but we ended up getting a digit box, and then had to get a set of speakers, waste of time, should've just ditched the telly!!

Not all bad though, the TV is rubbish (best stuff is the English imports, and you'll have seen all that two years ago!!)

Guest Martin and Val
    The dvds work fine, if you have any trouble you just need to get a cheaper player. -i don't know why but it's the expensive ones that don't play different regions.

However, it's not all good news, UK TVs don't work out here, nor do video recorders record shows -again i'm not sure of the techs, but we ended up getting a digit box, and then had to get a set of speakers, waste of time, should've just ditched the telly!!

Not all bad though, the TV is rubbish (best stuff is the English imports, and you'll have seen all that two years ago!!)

Hi, we were told by friends that the TV's will work if you take them to the dealers and have a chip added? They did say however that English makes cant be done, it needs to be well known Jap TV's. Is this not correct

Cheers

Martin and Val :huh:

Guest pdinoz

your mates are probably right, we have an old B & O box, and it's more trouble than it 's worth!

Paul.