Diane

14 day weather forecast for southern UK please!

Can someone in the UK please watch the weather forecast on TV and let me know the forecast for the next couple of weeks? :D Dunno whether to take t-shirts and shorts, or jeans, thermal undies and jumpers!

Can someone in the UK please watch the weather forecast on TV and let me know the forecast for the next couple of weeks? :D Dunno whether to take t-shirts and shorts, or jeans, thermal undies and jumpers!

That depends on if you feel the cold, the details I have for the Horley / Brighton area is between 19 - 22 degrees C for the next 7 days. . Mostly sunny with a possible few showers. The weather next week appears to be similar, as the weather has been settled for the last month or so. Had a cracking storm yesterday which has cleared the air. So for me it's shorts for the next two weeks. No thermals, but a jumper for the evenings might be good. Of course always prepare for rain.:)

Hope this helps, have a safe journey!

We are also going over for a couple of weeks (leaving Friday actually!) and the only advice I can give is...pack for winter then buy their summer stuff!

It was my daughter's idea but I think it works lol! It's been so long since we've been back, she's seriously worrying that we're going to be cold :cute:. I wonder too cos I think we've all got used to the weather. So much so I had to wear my old lady cardis pretty much all last summer :sad:

Anyway, people seem to think it's pretty cheap there so we are looking forward to buying some different/foreign (lol) clothes.

Have fun, take care and don't drink the water haha!

LC

Thanks everyone, layers it is then!

LC - we're not flying till Sunday - praying that damn ash cloud doesn't come around again! Hope your trip goes well too.

12 degs maximum? You are kidding!!! It's winter here and it's been 23 degs today! Now I remember why I moved..... Off to find gloves, coats, and hats to pack now!

Weather forecasts often only accurate for up to 5 days and very changable. Many local variations so depends where you are going. Our summer is like an Adelaide Spring/Autumn generally with a few hot days to surprise us.

Hardy Brits will wear shorts as soon as the sun comes out but can be chilly in the mornings and evenings. Bring stuff you can layer including a light rainproof coat and a few jumpers/cardis and treat yourself to some cheap summer gear if/when the temperature rises!

I generally wear skirt or cropped trousers and tea shirts and flipflops most of the time but I don't feel the cold. I don't own a winter coat and don't have any boots either. Enjoy your trip.

Guest SA Great

Weather will be chilly with steel grey skies. Well it was for the 30 years that I lived there!!

If ya going for 2 weeks you will have to pack for all weathers :biglaugh: