Guest Careful Carpy

£1 = $1.49997

Guest Careful Carpy

Not that I look at the rate every hour or anything but some may be interested to know that the £ has just broken under $1.50 for the first time. Where is it going to stop?

Guest Nick11

omg not good for anyone with money back in the u.k...surely it can't go any lower!!!!

omg not good for anyone with money back in the u.k...surely it can't go any lower!!!!

Most likely!! And remember, the rate you'd get is about 1.48!!

1.40 in the next few weeks I reckon. I'm leaving my money in the UK for now. And in a year when I need it, I'll exchange at parity!! :biglaugh:

Just think, that someone coming with £100,000 two years ago would have got about $240,000. Now they'd get $149,000. That's only a $91,000 difference though lol.

Guest Squareman

Well, I got R7-60 to AUD1.

This means that selling your paid-up house in South Africa generates the equivalent of a small deposit on a house here. It's like start all over again............

We came for the lifestyle and that still tops where we came from back in the UK.

We never came with much money...but what we did come with we got $2.20

Reckon folk should just bite the bullet and transfer theie money over....else they could have a very long wait til the rate gets any better.

HG

Most likely!! And remember, the rate you'd get is about 1.48!!

1.40 in the next few weeks I reckon. I'm leaving my money in the UK for now. And in a year when I need it, I'll exchange at parity!! :biglaugh:

Just think, that someone coming with £100,000 two years ago would have got about $240,000. Now they'd get $149,000. That's only a $91,000 difference though lol.

On the plus side, if you go back to the UK with that £100K you brought over 2 years ago , you'd get £160K now.

Guest JayandEm

I've just changed up my last bit of cash at the post office and only got AUS$1.414 to the pound!

Emma