What paper work to bring ??

    Recommended Posts

    Hiya all, please can you tell me what references we will need to bring with us to oz ....

    For rental/jobs/bank etc etc .


    thanks guys


    carolyn x

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Well you can open a bank account online from the UK iirc so you shouldn't have to worry there. With regards to job refs, depending on what your line of work is many Aussie companies don't seem to give references anymore. As to if they take them up, cover your bases and have a good list of previous employers who are happy to provide references if needed.


    For rentals perhaps have a look in threads on renting properties. Do a bit of a search using the forum search and see if you can dig anything up. I'd think you'd need a bank account and if you've rented before a reference from previous landlord won't hurt.


    Its mainly common sense I reckon and just having those names and contact numbers to hand if need be.

    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    I would bring as much as you can, as i reckon its better to have it than think god i wish we had brought it with us.


    TBH tho we didnt bring that much with us, we used the folk who owned the furnished rental we stayed in for references for long term rentals.



    Share this post

    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now