Guest Louby Lou

Leaving dooo song suggestions

Guest Louby Lou

Hello all

ive started to make a list of songs that i want my dj to include in his set list for our leaving doo in November.

I know im early but i thought you all may have some song suggestions from your leaving doo or what you would like played if you are having a party.

Thanks Again

;)

Our emigrating anthem was Take That' Never forget'.

It was just so apt 'never forget where your coming from'...'some day this will be someone else dream'.. Still makes me cry now when i hear it.

Donna

Guest SusieOR
    I'm leaving on a jet plane...Don't know when I'll be back again.

This was my suggestion too...

Guest CiaránDeBrún

hey im Ciaran from Belfast headind out to Adelaide the 1st December too would be great to meet up with new friends

Guest Louby Lou

hi ciaran

we fly from heathrow with singapore, where you heading to in adelaide, we are going to maclaren vale

Guest CiaránDeBrún

Going to the city centre , Gona be play gaelic football and teaching irish for a bit, taking a career break hedin out for two years see if i like life or not

Guest moonraker1959

Some of these are'nt soppy type songs ,but might be ok......This Is Australia by Gangajang, and Great Southern Land by Icehouse,

Hello all

ive started to make a list of songs that i want my dj to include in his set list for our leaving doo in November.

I know im early but i thought you all may have some song suggestions from your leaving doo or what you would like played if you are having a party.

Thanks Again

;)

We had a mate who rocked up with his guitar at our local rugby club, we had a bloody good sing song til the early hours....the one song that stick out and i remember is Wonderwall by Oasis.

My personal song is by a dance act called 4 strings the song is called Take Me away.

[YOUTUBE]49LVGrbjPwA[/YOUTUBE]

HG

Guest guest3462

Australia by manic street preachers!

We had beautiful world by take that as our personal anthem the words meant so much to me and still do!

Land down under by men at work

Things can only get better by d:ream

Guest CiaránDeBrún

Cannt wait to go either heaps good be there a Christmas wheres my invite for christmas dinner lol

Cannt wait to go either heaps good be there a Christmas wheres my invite for christmas dinner lol

Not sure if we could fit you in....Welcome round for a drink or 10:):)

HG

Guest HeatherandPip

Ah! last poster, you beat me to it! Australia by the Manics for definite! The band at my leaving do didnt know how to play it so we had 'Design for Life' several times instead!!

I would also suggest 'Into the Sea' by Suede ('when I start my new life, I wont touch the ground...')

Whatever tunes you have, enjoy every minute of your leaving do, it'll stay with you forever. I get emotional every time I think of mine. Hope yours is as special.

Guest johnny.w

A bit biased being scottish but in a big country by mr adamson R.I.P. & co would be appropriate.

:in a big country dreams stay with you ,

like a lovers voice fires the montainside,

I'm not exspecting to grow flowers in the desert ,

but i can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime :