Yummies.OZ and UK.

sueoc

Well,just sitting enjoying lots of Pascalls Jubes and many Arnott's Tim Tams.:notworthy:Starting me thinkin',Are Maynards Wine Gums and McVitie's Digestive more preferable?Then i started thinking about Red Leicester Cheese! Is it preferable to the strong cheeses they have here?;)And,what i'd give for a bowl of Oxtail Soup.Then there's the Steaks and Lamb i have had here lately,the best i have ever tasted.:DNot going to mention Sausages and Bacon though!:shocked:

Im devastated Foodland in Aldinga used to sell Double Deckers and for some reason they have stopped! I miss Nestle Shreddies, Ready Brek, Mueller corner yoghurts, proper Liquorice Allsorts and pickled onion Monster Munch. I do like the range of rice crackers they have here and I am quite partial to Red Rock Deli chips especially the honey soy chicken ones, oh and Allens red frogs too!

Think thats about it

Oh hot Vimto on cold winters nights :) although I did manage to get some Vimto from the deli in the colonades

Guest Guest75

I uncharacteristically splurged on a pack of Twiglets today.

They just did not taste as good as I remember.:sad::sad:

Mrs Tyke has a 30KG special luggage allowance ;)

As she has just extended her stay for quite some time I'm now plucking up courage to ask for a 7lb box of Midget Gems ;)

Guest SA Great
I lost my job a few weeks ago, now i have just taken delivery of a parcel form my mum in the UK....with lotsa goodies in..yum yum.

HG

What type of job did you lose Heaps Good? Just curious what industry it was in.

Mrs Tyke has a 30KG special luggage allowance ;)

As she has just extended her stay for quite some time I'm now plucking up courage to ask for a 7lb box of Midget Gems ;)

So it is true that as you get old your taste buds do change!

What type of job did you lose Heaps Good? Just curious what industry it was in.

Manufacturing/engineering i am a toolmaker by trade or a very qualified fitter turner as they call it here not many Australian trained toolmakers around, i am back engineering...but have also got other plans for the future.;)

HG

Guest lastboyscout
Im devastated Foodland in Aldinga used to sell Double Deckers and for some reason they have stopped! I miss Nestle Shreddies, Ready Brek, Mueller corner yoghurts, proper Liquorice Allsorts and pickled onion Monster Munch. I do like the range of rice crackers they have here and I am quite partial to Red Rock Deli chips especially the honey soy chicken ones, oh and Allens red frogs too!

Think thats about it

Oh hot Vimto on cold winters nights :) although I did manage to get some Vimto from the deli in the colonades

The FIL sent me a box of Shreddies, cost him 15 pound to post it :eek:

Ready brek can be easily copied, we`ve been experimenting with the recipe and have found that if you put some decent oats through a blender and give them a good blast and get them to the right powdery consistency, prepare them as normal and get ready to be surprised..... I was ;)

I found that was often the way. Most of the processed food stuff never tasted as good as I was remembering. It was mostly just those little homesickness cravings and once I had them, I kind of wished I'd not bothered. Bit like here now, I am cutting out crap like chocolate and of course want to eat every Mars bar in sight :biglaugh: I normally only eat them as a last resort when all other chocolate options are exhausted.

It'll be fresh food I'll miss most in the long run. Free range meats easily available, spuds, root veggies and the like. The odd processed thing will I am sure find its way on to the list but I try to not miss the processed stuff too much.

Guest Guest75
I found that was often the way. Most of the processed food stuff never tasted as good as I was remembering. It was mostly just those little homesickness cravings and once I had them, I kind of wished I'd not bothered. Bit like here now, I am cutting out crap like chocolate and of course want to eat every Mars bar in sight :biglaugh: I normally only eat them as a last resort when all other chocolate options are exhausted.

It'll be fresh food I'll miss most in the long run. Free range meats easily available, spuds, root veggies and the like. The odd processed thing will I am sure find its way on to the list but I try to not miss the processed stuff too much.

On my last UK visit some UK foods tasted even better though.

I overdosed on fish and chips (proper Yorkshire ones in beef dripping),Pork pies and hand pulled real ale.

Don't pine for the stuff,just nice to catch up with it :cute:

Guest Guest75
You need to get a life mate.......:P:huh::chatterbox:

HG

Yeah,wait till the weather calms down then I can get my life back on track hunting Snapper ;)

Guest SA Great
On my last UK visit some UK foods tasted even better though.

I overdosed on fish and chips (proper Yorkshire ones in beef dripping),Pork pies and hand pulled real ale.

Don't pine for the stuff,just nice to catch up with it :cute:

Beef dripping!!! I'm surprised anyone lives over the age of 15 up north with that kind of diet!! LOL