Toni

Tips or what to watch out for when looking at a long term rentals

I was reading another thread about homes to rent and there were a few helpful suggestions on properties currently available.

My tip is:

One of the homes had a lot of "down lights" - beautiful house but down lights consume a lot of electricity and can add many dollars to your rental costs - the ABC did a story on it a while ago http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/content/2007/s1965485.htm

There must be others that people are aware of. What bugged you about your rental home that you would be wary of next time?

Make sure it has air conditioning, when we were looking agents tried to tell us that airconditioning wasnt needed as it doesnt get that hot in Adelaide!:goofy:

Guest Tina P

Heating is a must, our 1st rental had a tiny 3 bar gas fire for the entire open plan home, we only had carpet in the bedroom's, everywhere was tiles or laminate - freezing.

I was very home sick when we came over and looking back I'm sure if we had had a warmer rental it would have made being here a bit better !

We stayed for 1 yr and got a much nicer rental for the next 6 months - really cosy with great heating.

Tina