Sign in to follow this  
Guest Missbabz

Getting Close

Guest Missbabz

Hi All, My husband Kevin and myself are going through the process of emigrating to Adelaide, we are almost there, just awaiting visa confirmation. It is exciting to think we will be starting a new life in Australia but also very scary.:arghh:We will be leaving our three independant children behind in England, so would love to speak to anyone who is in a similiar situation. I know this is going to be rather difficult to cope with in the beginning. Also we will be taking our 12month old Bichon Frise with us called, Ozzie, quite a coincidence. How did your pet travel? A month in quarantine and a very long flight is concerning us a little.

Apart from that we are very much looking forward to being there and a new life.

Love the idea of this web site, being able to meet people and chat about all the things that we have in common with each other.........Australia!!!!:DBabz x

Guest mOZzy

hi babz and family and welcome :cute:

great news that you are almost 'there! literally ;)

we don't have any pets to take so can't help on that front but i know there are lots who will answer your question really soon!!

where do you live at the moment? and where will you start your adventure once in oz?!

good luck!

Guest louiesmum

Just like to say Hi & welcome to the site, we have two cats & are in a dilema whether to take them or not as they are 12 & 14 yrs old so not young & as you say its a very long flight!

Good luck with your move

Guest Missbabz

Hi Susi and Ashley and family

Thank you for your speedy reply. We are at present living in Portsmouth, Hampshire and looking to settle in Glenelg area hopefully. My husband has got a job to go to and the company are putting us up in rented accommodation for 3 months. This is great as it gives us time to find an area we like and buy a propetry there.

What area do you live in and when are you likely to be going to Oz? Also have you decided where to settle?

Regards Babz and Kevin

Guest Missbabz

Hi Michelle and Neil and family

Thank you for your quick reply and yes what a dilema we have. Have you got your visas yet?

We live in Portsmouth Hampshire and looking to settle in Glenelg or that area, definately near the sea.

Babz & Kevin

Guest graandjac

:)Hi guys ,welcome to PIA your dead right this is a great place and there is loads of great advice from all, if you go to the get together section there is a meet in Crawley on the 12 Jan 08 with loads of us going 30-40 i think would be a great time to meet some of us,

Hope the sticker arrives soon, Happy New Year cheers Gra & Jac

Guest Missbabz

Hi Graham,Jacqui and family

Wow! bet you are so excited, you will be on your way before you know it. Can't imagine what that feeling is going to be like yet.

Thanks for the info on the meet in Crawley on the 12 January, we will definately try to be there, sounds like it will be great fun.

Thanks again and Happy Happy New Year to you all.

Babz & Kevin