Need help with sending links please!

Guest moonraker1959

Guest moonraker1959

Hi all,Can someone please help me with something.Ok I want to send a You Tube clip to someone on Facebook.Usually I would find a clip,highlight the complete url,right click,choose copy,go back to the message box on Facebook,click down into the body of the email,right click and choose paste,and it works.Just tried doing it then,and after I highlighted the address bar,I right clicked,went to choose copy but the word copy was in grey writing not black,and when I clicked on it nothing happened!:eek:Does anyone know the reason for this?Is there some other way I can send a link(please nothing too complicated,I'm a newbie to this linking thing lol)Thankyou xx

Guest moonraker1959
Can't you just choose to share and post on fb I usually do that or like you do highlight copy and paste :)

Hi helene73 Yes I could easily share it on FB but I want to include a clip with a message so its private.I have this before but can't for the life of me work out why when I right click to choose copy,the box with a list of app's comes up,and the copy one which is the one I need,is'nt highlighted,its just grey but the other things are written in black?Helppppppppppp lol

So long as the URL is correct they can always copy and paste it themselves.

Do you copy the URL from the address bar or from the option box YT give you? In YT click on the 'Share' button and the URL you need will appear.

Or paste the URL to your page (as a link option) and only share it with your friend. You can do this using the little icon with a lock on it and changing who can see it option.

Guest moonraker1959
So long as the URL is correct they can always copy and paste it themselves.

Do you copy the URL from the address bar or from the option box YT give you? In YT click on the 'Share' button and the URL you need will appear.

Or paste the URL to your page (as a link option) and only share it with your friend. You can do this using the little icon with a lock on it and changing who can see it option.

Thanks Snifter.Yes I usually copy the url from the address bar,click on the share button and then right click to get the "copy"thingy.I used to be able to do this no worries but tried today and as I said the copy thing was grey writing not black so when I tried to click on it nothing happened.Grrrrr lol I can put a link of FB from YT no problem,but I wanted to send a clip in a private message.Think I will ry the little lock thing you mentioned and hope that works.Thankyou for your help xx