Sign in to follow this  
Guest misschatter

Nursery work in oz.

Guest misschatter

Hi all,

I am just wondering if any one works in or has any information on how nurseries (kindergartens) run over in oz. I am currently in the process of gaining my qualifications to be a qualified nursery nurse and I am wondering if anyone knows whether there are any major differences when it comes to the equivalent qualifications.

Any information or advice will be much appreciated.

Me and my partner are currently waiting for the SA site to re-open so that we can apply SS (OH is a plumber) I'm sure there are many others awaiting the opening of the site for info. seems to be taking forever.

Kind regards Leanne. :wubclub:

Hi Leanne I had an NVQ2 in the UK and now work in childcare here in Oz my NVQ got me a cert 3 and knocked a bit off my diploma. as from next year everyone who wants to work in childcare will need a cert 3. There always seems work in child care (IMO) think thats because just like the UK the money is rubbish lol but we dont do it for the money. You will have to get your UK certs transfered to Oz ones Tafe can do this for you If its a NVQ3 skills rec in curry st can do it (well they use to).

Happy to help just PM me

Tina x

Guest misschatter

Oh brill thanks for the information, its very useful. How have you found the setting and staff where you are working compared to the uk?

Thanks again Leanne

Oh brill thanks for the information, its very useful. How have you found the setting and staff where you are working compared to the uk?

Thanks again Leanne

Found it easy, some of their ways are different cant remember what they are now but did think hmm thats starnge at the time lol. I talk to anyone so i find it really easy also I have notice a lot of parent ask you lots more maybe that think being a pom I know more??? I have worked with some great people and some not so great but that could happen just like in the UK.