Liz and Kris UK

Dental costs

Hiya all,

I wonder if anybody can help me, have people found dentists more expensive than the uk or cheaper? any info much appreciated. Just trying to work out if I should have things done in the uk or wait ( yes i am being cheap ha ha)

Thanks

Liz

Guest Rob and Clare

Hi Liz,

Clare had a really good private dentist in the UK and that was as much as here, where as I had a cheap NHS dentist and that was soooooo cheap. But my dentist here has LCD tv's to watch in the ceiling and the level of care is much greater.

Depending on the Jobs you do when you arrive it could be worth having medical insurance, if you earn over a value jointly come tax return time you have to pay an extra 1% for medicare (NHS) without any extra service or cover, but having medical insurance waves that fee and then you can get free or reduced detistry, optician and others.

Check out mutual community or others for the specifics ?

Thanks

Hi Rob and Clare,

Thanks for the info, we were thinking of getting health insurance when we got there, so it sounds like it will be worth it. My dentist at the min is meant to have the same prices as the NHS but I am not so sure I think they took advantage that I was in pain and willing to sign anything!

Thanks

liz

Guest daveblade178

Hi, I need to have a tooth removed and was looking for a dental implant. I told my dentist i am emigrating He said that he has worked in Australia for a while and believes it will be cheaper to have the implant done over there

Hope this helps

Dave