Mr & Mrs Taz

Vegetarian Options

Hi,

Does anyone know if they have Quorn products availble for example meats,burgers & sausages etc. or Tofu for vegetarians in Adelaide.

This is not for me as I am a 100% meat eater but Jak has been a vegetarian for 20 years (doing my maths she must have been a 1 year old veggie as she still claims to be 21).

Hope someone has some good news on the Quorn & Tofu front or our family & friends are going to be busy sending food parcels over until Jak has been converted.

Cheers

Derek & Jak

Guest Django
    This is why you are a moderator and I just like fruit!!! :biglaugh:

Noooooooooo.

I have already researched the vege thing as I don't eat animals or fish.2.gif

:biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Mark&Pamela

Hello Derek and Jak.

Just to reassure you, we have always found a decent supply of quorn and tofu based products in the big supermarkets over in Australia - Coles, Woolworths, etc. It can also be worth trying 'asian' food outlets as they also have a good choice in vegetarian stuff.

Don't worry - us veggies won't starve or have to convert!

Pamela

Hi Pamela

Thanks for that info on the Veggie foods.

I take it that you are settled in Oz and are working as a nurse , i am an enrolled nurse and I am migrating to Adelaide on my husbands skilled Visa.

I am currently filling out the forms to register as a nurse in Adelaide and was wondering if you could confirm how easy it is to find work as a nurse.

Cheers

Jak

eat meat and fish you dont know what your missing theres nothing better then coming out of a night club hungrey and eating a dodgy kebab thats the english way or even better kangroo steak man thats sssooooooo nice :)

Guest Django
    eat meat and fish you dont know what your missing

Thats the whole point we do and so thats why we don't ;):biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Guest Matt & Suzi

Well said Pete!!!

When I became a veggie 22 years ago there was hardly anything to nice to eat in England, but now the choice is amazing, so im sure Oz will be the same in a few years. The more people that ask for Quorn etc im sure the shops will start selling more.

I also buy shampoo, washing powder, soap etc from Asda or Tesco's as their own brands are not tested on animals and dont contain animal products, does anyone know if there are animal free products in Adelaide?

Guest Trakki
    Hi Pamela

Thanks for that info on the Veggie foods.

I take it that you are settled in Oz and are working as a nurse , i am an enrolled nurse and I am migrating to Adelaide on my husbands skilled Visa.

I am currently filling out the forms to register as a nurse in Adelaide and was wondering if you could confirm how easy it is to find work as a nurse.

Cheers

Jak

I don't think you will have a problem getting a job, I emailed my CV to 2 hospitals and they both offered me sponsership and when I said I was going on a permanent virtually offered me a job, I have to contact them when I have a visa.

HTH

Guest bohemian
    Hello Derek and Jak.

Just to reassure you, we have always found a decent supply of quorn and tofu based products in the big supermarkets over in Australia - Coles, Woolworths, etc. It can also be worth trying 'asian' food outlets as they also have a good choice in vegetarian stuff.

Don't worry - us veggies won't starve or have to convert!

Pamela

whoops-Just saw this-We do not have quorn in Australia.-unless someone's seen it??!? Sorry, Sanitarium have oodles of products, but if you love Quorn fillets and the pepper steak (can you still get the pepper steak?) you will be disappointed. They've bought out something like quorn mince, but it's really not the same. Veggos don't seem to have the same equality in Oz as they do in the UK. I did bring a few months supply back from the UK a few years ago, but of course it didn't last long!

Cheers,

bo

Guest sarahsmartiepants

It is a sin not to eat meat here:policeman:, especailly Kangaroo:biglaugh:.

sarah

Guest Django
    It is a sin not to eat meat here:policeman:, especailly Kangaroo:biglaugh:.

I won't come then. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Pete