Guest thestewarts912

outdoor xmas lights

Guest thestewarts912

Might be a bit of a silly question but here goes............

We have got quite a collection of outdoor xmas lights (all very tasteful i might add, nothing too chavvy:wideeyed: do people decorate the outside of their homes in oz or would we be better to try selling them here before coming over. Any thoughts much appreciated.

max

Guest Tina P

Yes people do trim outside their homes at Christmas time, my kids have pestered me to do it and in the after new yr sales this year I gave in and have bought lots of light for this Christmas !

A place to visit to see lots of homes decorated with lights and dancing santa's etc is Old Noarlunga, people will park up and walk along looking at homes and gardens.

A cul d sac near me also has every house on the street light up, its funny to see !

So bring along your Christmas lights.

Tina

Guest HeatherandPip

Houses do put up lights - but I would say it hardly seems worth it sometimes. with Xmas being mid summer it has to be getting late before its dark enough to have any effect!

I still do it anyway though - the old traditions!

Think it is really nice if you have kids and you can always leave them up round the back all year. Makes lighting for parties etc really special :jiggy:

Guest Nick11

Oh yes bring em. We bought all ours over....tacky santas, snowmen etc. Ozzies religiously tour the streets at night at xmas looking at folks decorations. It's great. I thought they may melt in the heat.. but ours have been up 4 years running and they are fine.

Guest Asil

It appears to be a growing trend, and gets evening TV coverage at the time (not hard).

Look in google for "Lobethal Lights"

Guest thestewarts912

Thanks everyone for your replies, guess they will be coming then. Hubby will be chuffed as he loves the whole light thing, says he does it for the kids umm none so big as himself lol

max

Guest Guest5035

When you get here take a trip upto Lobethal for the chrissy lights.

Stevo